Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old February 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Default using cans as weights

i remember when i use to take dance in highschool we use to have a day were we did cardio.. or some form of excersise.. yoga pilaties. etc.. i remember once she had us bring cans of like green beans or corn and hold them out in are arms.. man o man.. i thought to my self what a piece of cake.. but was i wrong!

the next day i felt the burn.. so if your at home and are watching tv or something.. left some cans! they work seriously.
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM

thats a great idea.. i had never thought of that i probably tell my freind who ises water bottles lol. but yeah cans.. and i can see how they can be a killer.. i mean holding your arms out and doing cirlces well holing on to the can.. it'll get to you.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM

yea i know what you mean it dosent seem like something that would really do any kind of work but yet they really work. i did that once because my friend told me it works well i couldnt feel it working so i kept doing it and the next day i really wished that i had quit when she told me to.. haha anyways i learned my lesson but yea lifting caned foods work great!
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:19 PM

I remember hearing about that, it's good endurance training for your arms. Just holding out my arms and holding that can for a long period of time, you'll definately feel it.

But yeah, I love that. xD I haven't done it in a while, but I definately want to try it again for sure.
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM

ooo great idea! yeah i mean thats ture while im watching tv or something just chilling in my room i can lift a few cans and work ourt my arms.. seriously great idea espeically since im off for a week of school and i really need to do somrthing productive for this week.. which is actually almost over. lol
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:21 PM

i have one of those yoga balls and i usually sit on it while i watch tv and i do exercise! i have used the cans many times before. they really do the trick, i would give them a try. i usually use a can of soup, i always have cans of soup and i get the same kind. im not sure if theres really a weight diffrence but i use the same canned goods to make sure i have the same amount of weight to use..
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM

what a great idea! i love this idea. haha becasue like you said i also have a week off for school and i cn basically do this whileim watching tv listening to music..just in my room. on my days off from work.. its perfect
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:18 AM

I would've never thought of using cans as weights much less frozen veggies. I use frozen veggies all the time as ice packs or hot packs. Its a great Idea. I'm suprised this is the first time I'm hearing it because it does actually make a lot of sense. I'm so going to try it lol. Especially sinse you can buy canned food from the dollar store. You can't beat that!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM

This is pretty cool. My sister and I used to do this when we younger to mimick our brother when he and my dad would be lifted weights in the garage. Funny!!! But it seriously works...and true they're cheap! The dollar store! Its like when I made my own hot pack with rice and a sock...all I have to do is heat it up in the microwave. It works miracles for craps because the knee high socks forms to the contours of your waist line.
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM

they do! i remember when i did that in high school during aerobic class.. oh man.. it was an exercise. like you, i thought it was easy breezy but nah uh! everyone was laughing at how silly it is was and after the work out everyone was all pooped and tired out. corn/bean cans surely worked us out!