Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:28 PM

i hope when i get older that i am going to be working out and still going to the gym to look good for my husband. my father in law goes walking everyday anywhere from 3-9 miles a day and he seems to be keeping healthy. anyways i am inspired to be healthy and get to enjoy great grand kids someday, i only had one grandparent that i remember so i am hoping to live along time and get to enjoy my entire family.
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:24 PM

i wish i had at least half the drive that my grandma does when it comes to fitness and eating healthy then i would be in great shape becasue my grandma is truely dedicated! and she doesnt mess around shes alwasy hitting the gym lol i loovee her
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM

right! i think its my grandparents generation because everyone iknow theer age are super active. bike riding and they look great too. i have a feeling they are gonna live alot longer then my gerneration will .. seriously we eat soo much crap and dont take care of ourselves.
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM

i am definately gonna work out when i get older.

=D i know some examples of some older people that are really working out, and are still able to do much better than I am at these days. it makes me want to work out now, hahahaha.
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:48 PM

i think when you are older, the priority of working out is mainly to improve overall health. I.E, you want to make sure your circulation is good, your flexibility is good, and you're able to still be relatively active despite your age.

I think what that means for us young people is to try and work out and be in the best shape possible so when we do go to the gym when we're older, we have less to worry about.
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:33 PM

that's a really really good thing! i've been seeing a lot of active elderly these days and it actually makes me pretty happy =) i look at them and tell myself i'm going to be like that when i get old. i want to be in good health to see my grandchildren have children.
Old August 6th, 2010, 03:49 PM

I remember a while back that the Wii Fit was advertised as a health tool for elderly people since the game required basic movements to accomplish the task, but sinceit is diguised in the context of a game, you'll have fun and exercise.

I know the wii won't be around when I get older, but I would love to have some sort of technological equivalent of the Wii Fit when I get to that age.