Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old February 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Default Book: stop Dressing your six year old like a Skank!

I barrowed a book from my cousin and i really enjoy reading this.. its written by a mother of a six year old only child.. and she talks about all the things that happen during their year. like she talkes about her daughter finally being able to fit into size 7 and so she goes shopping in that department only to discover that the clothes are all skanky looking..its a good book!
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM

haha i have read this book and i have also passed my copy on to some of the other pta moms who all really enjoyed reading this book. i think its funny and it has alot of great insite of the way real pta moms feel about things yet all of them pretend to be the perfect parent and so that the other pta moms with think there special. anyways they talk about children, celebs, husbands and many other topics that are a must.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM

slut ehh?? well to be honest i dont think stores like limited too ( now justice) make little girls look like sluts lol. becasue okay i know my little sister shops there and she wear skinny jeans( colored) and tees with little sayings on them( like " i think im falling madly in like with you) or something haha so i guess it all depends on where you go.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM

being a mother of a 7 year old daughter i remember that day when she out grew the 6x section. we shop at stores and there are plenty of outfits that arent skanky. you can buy longer shorts, and stylish tee's and not have your 7yr old look like shes 18. now one of my friends lets her daughter dress in those short softee shorts that say cutie and princess across the butt and yea there really short. all mothers have their own style.
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Haha.

I remember this book, although to be honest, I've never read it. Personally, I remember when Bratz used to be really popular and in, many people went on to imitate the dolls in terms fo clothing and hairstyle, it was kinda sick.

I made it a mission to tell the people of the world to buy Barbie instead of Bratz. It's such a hoiffible doll
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:08 PM

i agree with orva, but then again barbie sometimes is dressed a little to revealing for some young girls..i grew up playing with barbie but yet i was never "dressed" like a barbie, but i do remember being in 5th grade and wearing super short shorts. i was able to wear jrs 0's and so i bought a pair of shorts while at the mall and man where they short and my parents actually let me wear them... i was the only one if 5th grade in booty shorts..
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:42 PM

I think it depends on where you shop because my boyfriends sister is right around that age group and her outfits aren't slutty at all they're actually really cute. Her mom buys the cuties dresses and casual outfits. And she's really into the girly stuff so she has to walk out the house matching and on point. I think its funny. She's always trying to make me over. But having an 8 year old do my makeup? no thank you!!!
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM

yes it all depends on the parents.. but like some of the little girl skirts and shorts are really short,. im not saying all shorts are short but some are. and depending what brand you buy that all has to do with it.. i was shopping at kohls the other day and walked into the toddler section and they had a pair of jeans.. $30 for a size 6x. OMG no way that too expensive for baby jeans. it was maybe the length of my arm.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:01 PM

wow i read this book and i really liked it and i thought that the book was very funny. i think that it all just depends on how the parent chooses to dress their child there are plenty of clothes out they that wont make your 6 yrold look like a little skank. my neices both dress super cute and not too old for their age i think its really cute.
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM

I haven't worked in a department store in forever, and I forgot what clothes they had. Personally, I do think that it's kind of sick to see your young daughter basically dressing up like a skank, especially since a lot of clothese these days are bad. D:

But yeah, I should check out that book.