Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old February 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Default snacks you wouldnt think that were healthy.

so awhile back i think it was in 17 magazine and they had this article about snacks that we like and how healthy they are.. well chips and salsa were on there as well as popcorn,

now idunno about you but when i think of popcorn i never thought it was something healthy.

so what are some other ones?? anyone know?
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM

and remember when there in the magazine its not that there healthy its just that they are more healthy that potato chips and ranch dip. you have to becareful when you read these simply because it will tell you its a healthy choice but yet its really not. and remeber lables are able to be off by 20% of the item included in it or the caliorie count.
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Nuts I would never think are healthy in my opinion. Nuts were made for animals to store for the long winters, and the nuts are PACKED with calories and nutrients so you would be able to survive. It's great for a small animal...but for us people, eating nuts, a lot of nuts can be really bad. At least, that's what I remember hearing growing up.
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:39 PM

i heard rice cakes.. but Rosalind is right.. its whats healthier not what is nessaccary healthy but yeah rice cakes.. and im.. theres always carrots..and gnorla yumm i love those. i love apple crips! soo good i cant find them anywhere.. the only places i have seem them is at disneyland!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:07 PM

I know ritz and cheese its also regular potato chips...don't have that much calorie of a calorie count. just don't eat the whole box. And Honey nut cheerios are pretty cool too and corn flakes...I love corn flakes...

I used to think that pop corn was unhealthy too but it was acutally really good!!!
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Yeah I heard that popcorn was healthy too but only as long as you dont drown it in butter or anything. and yeah nuts too but only when they are not put in loads of seasoning. I really cashews but sometimes there is just a bunch of seasoning on it the taste of the seasoning just consumes it which makes it taste better but also a lot unhealthier.
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Personally, I have to say that nuts are bad because they do pack a lot of calories. They were meant for animals over the winter, one nut would pack a lot of calories for them to survive. xD

In any case, I can't think of anything else to eat.
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalind View Post
and remember when there in the magazine its not that there healthy its just that they are more healthy that potato chips and ranch dip. you have to becareful when you read these simply because it will tell you its a healthy choice but yet its really not. and remeber lables are able to be off by 20% of the item included in it or the caliorie count.
indeed.. labels are off! i was watching the news couple of nights ago and there was these high school kids doing a science project and they were testing food. the label on the cheese said that it was cow but instead it was sheep or something. blah.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM

When was this magazine written? XD The Popcorn being healthy is something I cannot believe. It's like saying that eating chocolate can reduce cancer or other foods that are reported on the news that have extreme health benefits.

However, I still have to say, what's wrong with just eating healthy and monitoring what you eat? XD