Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:48 PM

Default applying for jobs online?

so it seems like everywhere you want to apply now you have to apply on line and i think thats horrible, majority of the time you never get a call back form them simply because there not intresrted in the things you do.. i think its better to apply by application and turn it into the store and that way they can connect a name to a face.. and hey lets face it.. pretty people get highered more that ugly people so i think its very important to go talk to a manager...
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM

yes working for a company that has everybody apply on line we usually only think about hiring those who come in to our store after they apply on our website. so when hearing about people getting jobs on the internet its usually because they went in to the store after submitting their app. thats the best way to get hired..
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:07 PM

I laughed at the fact that pretty people get hired more. While it's true.....I dunno, I just find it funny. XD

But yeah, it's a mxied bag where you can apply online. It's good becasue applications are easier to send, but ebcause of that, it's harder to stand out. Especially in this economy, it's best to do an online app, do a paper app, and just be a pest to the company so that way, they can hire you. some people say not to be a pest, but personally, I think that's just showing them how bad you want to work there.
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM

seriously! man i the same way you need to go in so they can see you . haha and i laughed too becasue its true.. i actually need a new job or another job! i think ppl aklot of places are hiring right now now is my time!
Old February 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM

hahahha thats soo true tho! so i mean its not like your lying its the truth, anyways. i need to start looking and applying haha.. i liek how im saying this as im at work right now. but yeah i mean its ther truth. so yeah. good luck everyone!
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM

yea finding a job seemes pretty hard but then again it is all up to how much time you want to spend to look for a job, to apply and then to follow up on.. i have applyed for alot of open jobs but have never followed up after i submitted my app. i think i should check into them.. hopefully i can get a job. i have one currently but i would like more income so im planning on getting two jobs.
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:26 PM

I do think that applying online is really good. You can apply anywhere from your own home, and really get much more jobs depending on what you send. However, I have to say that after that, you need to make the extra effort to make an impression by visiting and calling the company so you can get the job. At least, that's what I think.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Raleigh View Post
so it seems like everywhere you want to apply now you have to apply on line and i think thats horrible, majority of the time you never get a call back form them simply because there not intresrted in the things you do.. i think its better to apply by application and turn it into the store and that way they can connect a name to a face.. and hey lets face it.. pretty people get highered more that ugly people so i think its very important to go talk to a manager...

It's good to check it out, but personally, online is now the way to go. I really like places like Craig'st List or monster or possibly the school website for jobs. In any case, the job market is really fragile, so applying anywhere and everywhere is a good idea.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM

i couldent agree more.. the best way to get a job is to apply on line and then visit the store, you should hopefully be able to get a job by applying on line then walking in an introducing your self and letting them know that you sent in an application.plus you get to meet the people you will be workign with and you can know how they are before you start working with them..
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM

Yea you had me at the pretty people get hired part lol.

But I don't like applying online either because I rather do it in person. But it seems like everywhere you have to apply online. Which is a bummer. But I guess they're trying to go green or whatever and save paper. But I know too that if you go in and talk to the super and about a week after you apply and ask if they got you're application kind of like a follow up you'll mostlikely get hired.