Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:26 PM

Default hiring a nanny/ care taker..

im not really sure how i feel on this. isent it a parents job to raise their children? not hire a nanny to raise these kids for them.. my friend is a nanny for a famous family and he says he makes so much money and he gets paid to take the kids to the movies, chuck e cheese and things like that.. basically hes a hired friend for the kids, simply because they have a house keeper, chef and butler. haha but i guess people dont stay home with their children any more they just hire someone to take care of the kids..
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM

alot of people do not stay home and take care of their children. it makes me sad to think about haveing to be raised by someone other than my mom. its like my parents neighbor had a 5yr old and a 15 yr old son when then moved in, my mom only works part time and so our neighbor paid my mom to take care of the 5yr old..my mom did everything for him.. take him to school, pick him up, take him school shopping, made him food basically raised him.. and his mom would just pay my mom to doo all this.. the little boy was raised by my mom not his.. its just sad. my mom was even his room parent..
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM

I dont know to me its not that bad I guess because I was raised by a nanny. But then I guess that kind of explains why I am not that close to my mom like some of my friends are. But I think I would hire a nanny to if I had kids just because I really don't see the problem with it. I mean if it makes a person doesn't have time to take of their kids might as well as have someone that you trust watch over them so they don't get into trouble. To me it just makes sense.
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM

I'm iffy on this issue. Personally, I think it important that the parents are involved in the child's life, but nowadays, both parents are both busy, so I'd say it's good, but don't make it long term. Keep a healthy relationship with your child, whether it'd be son or daugter above all else.
Old March 5th, 2010, 02:14 PM

i have friends that were raised by nannys others rised by their parents.most of my friends that were raised by a nannys acted out after the nanny left simply because they knew that thier parents wouldnt do anything to punish them thay got away with everything.. friends of mine that were raised by their parents seemed to get into less trouble that the other so i think its better for the parent to raise the child instead of hired help.
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:23 PM

I think when the children is young, and both parents are trying to go to work, it helps a lot to have someone help you raise the child, but I think you should at least be the primary focus of your children's life...when I was young, my grandmother raised me, so I barely saw my parents back when I was young.

It's good, but it shouldn't be permament.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:23 PM

I definately agree. I would imagine that if your grandmother raised you, but your parents dropped you off when you're younger at your grandmother's place. I imagine that you would get to rememebr your grandparents than your parents. xD
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:40 PM

i don't know what my specific plans are going to be when i have kids.. but i don't really see parents not wanting to spend times with their kids. i mean don't get me wrong, there is parents like that out there but there is also a lot of parents who hires a nanny/care taker simply because they need to work. when i was young, my parents was never home during the day so we spent our afternoons at my grandparents house.
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM

alot of people hire nannys and caretakers for their children because they have to work to make money to support their child.. really if you need to pay a nanny $10 an hour and then you are only making $13 an hour its not really going to help you out any if your going to havr to pay them so much. its sad but alot of parents need to both work to provide a living for their children. its sad.
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM

yeah it is pretty sad.. but at the same time maybe the parents are always working and need someone to watch their child on the week days so that they are not left alone.. as for a famous family.. idunno i mean obviously they are busy but im sure they have nmore free time then some other people.