Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM

Default taking multi vitamins..

what brands does everybody take? i am looking to start taking some womans multi vitamins and i have heard that each brand is diffrent and that some work better than others. i was also instructed to do a detox flush before i started taking these vitamins because they say they will be better absorbed if your system is cleared of toxins.. so hopefully they work simply because i want to catch up on my neutrents and grow stornger healthier hair and nails..
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:21 PM

its very important to do a detox before starting a new series of vitamins.. they say its healthy to detox every six months which can be very good simply because it causes all the bad toxins that you let into your body to be drawen out.. they have all different kinda of detoxes they have ones you take by pills or they have one where you can dip your feet into a foot bath and it actually pulls all the toxins out throught your feet and you can see it all in the nasty water...
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM

I take this multi vitamin inorder to get proper Iron intake. Mainly because I'm anemic. I don't really like taking vitamins all that much. But the detoxing thing makes sense though...but I would never do it. I mean I can't do diets...I love food too much...I can cut back a little on what I eat but to me detoxing is drastic. I don't know the name of the multi vitamin I use but its a years supply and you take 2 a day.
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:39 AM

Multi vitamins are very healthy for you. I take a one daily vitamin and the brand is one a day womans. i think they work very well for me.. as far as doing a flush im sure the vitamins would work fine either way, but the flush might help your body absorbe the vitamins better. the lady from the post above me said she couldnt do a detox because she loves food so much but the thing is you still eat normal but you take a supplement and it detoxes your body.
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM

i have heard that its good to take a multi vitamin but i have never taken one i think i eat well enough that i do not need to take vitamin supplements and that i can keep healthy enough with out having to take that. my boyfriend does not eat healthy enough so he takes a mens mulit vitamin twice daily and that had really helped keep him from getting sick he used to get sick all the time and now he rarley gets sick.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM

I take the regular kirklands brand of mulit vitamins that I bought at costco on the whim. I hardly ever get along to taking them. I'm lucky if I get one tablet in a week. It jus slips my mind. Which isn't good honestly I need to have a note to myself or something to remind me its really sad lol. I feel like if i'm a little kid I guess but in truth I guess I'll get better with reminding myself. I should put it right next to my breakfast cereal or something like that.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM

almost any brand multi vitamin works.. it just depends if you want any thing special with it. i personally like the womans compleate vitamins with the strong hair nail and skin health. those support the healthy growth of everything.. and i have noticed that they really do work and i get really excited about that.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM

it is very important to take vitamins daily. i have talked to many doctors and other health advisors and every one has said it is very important to take a multi vitamin supplement unless you know forsure you are consuming enough of each vitamin. i started taking a multi vitamin and i really noticed a diffrence i had alot more energy and i felt better all the time..
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:29 PM

my family raised me eating alot of fruits and veggies, so i personally have never taken a multi vitamin, my doctor says as i get older i should start taking one but as of now she says im doing fine..i think its helpful if you do not eat healthy but if you eat enough then you should be fine.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM

I still take the gummy vitamins. I'm not ashamed to admit it. They're soo good. And it give me my needed vitamins and stuff so who am I to complain? Its all good. My friends make fun of me. Because I have a bottle in my car, in my room, and in my pantry. Its my three month supply. Why should kids be the only ones to live the good life? lol