Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old January 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Default Calorie Count + How to Monitor your Food Intake?

I was wondering, does anyone really pay attention to the amount of calories you eat, or the carbs that go in your body, or pay attention to the amount of sodium in your diet? While I don't mind doing all of these calcuylations, personally, I really don't liek the fact that I have to do this when I am figuring out what to eat in order to see if I'm eating healthy or not? Whatever happened to just watching how much you ate and just eating general fruits and veggies? >:[

I personally don't watch my calories, but I instead choose to watch how much I eat in general. What about anyone else? :O
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:45 AM

yeah im not a calorie counter either.. its no fun lol.. and it just makes you feel worst.. which in my case doesnt help becasue then im just sad and i eat alot more lol. i once heard that you had to eat i think it was 800 calaries for breakfast in order to lose weight( might wanna look that up.. saw it on msn.com) and i guess it help your body burn more fat faster
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:59 PM

i never count calories i relly dont think thats the best way to live lol but yeah iheard the same thing about having to eat a certain amount calories in the morning to lose weight.. which makes sense becasue then you have more fat to burn off
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:04 PM

I don't keep track of my calorie intake at all. I'll probably shock myself. I like the idea of eating what I want when I want so watching what I eat is hard for me all the time. I tried it out though just to see how much I really take in...I got this app on my ipod for it. I took in over 2000 calories in 1 day. and that was by lunch. And the thing is that I'm working out and losing weight so IDK...Thats crazy.
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:18 PM

You have to eat at least 1500-2000 calories if you're not working out and living normally. When you're actively working out, your body requires mroe energy, so you can eat between 2500-3000 calories, I THINK. However, in order to achieve weight loss, you need to eat below that count, which is possibly since you can eat fruits and veggies and other foods that are equally filling, but low in calorie.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM

I can't count my calories...It takes the freedom out of life. I don't even look at the calorie count on anything that I eat. I love eating what I want when I want honestly. It would be horrible if I were to restrain myself in that sense. Plus I don't think its a good thing to be watching yourself that closely...you get paranoid and you seriously wear your friends out. I have a friend who counts all the time...she drives all of us crazy. Cuz when we go out to eat she hardly eats sometimes....and she looks no different from before she became a calorie counter...but ofcourse she says up and down that she sees change.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM

Keeping track of all of that is virtually impossible. I eat way over my calorie limit so I don't even bother. As long as I'm healthy thats all that matters. I love to eat and thats nothing new. SO I don't even bother myself about it anymore. Its all good. I get annoyed with people on diets...it frustrates me. But I mean do you...if you feel you need to maintain your weight through diet...the its your prob. I mostly focus on the exercising part of the equation.
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM

I don't count calories I usually just try to limit my intake of food though sometimes I just loose control because I mean the food is right in front of me and all I want to do is just finish the food which I guess isn't too good for me especially for my weight. I just seem to keep gaining pounds. It is just really annoying I think I am just going to start eating healthier foods instead of limiting the amount I eat because it is not helping.
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Same....I only eat until I'm full. I don't keep in mind of the calories because if I didl....I would not be full ever, nor would I ever not be hungry. So I usually just eat until I'm full, and then I stop. I ain't gaining any weight because of it, so I think I'll be okay as long as I keep watching myself.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM

I tried doing this and it didn't last long at all. It was acutally my new years resolution...I would moniter my intake...I got tired of it. Some of my friends do it and they stick to it. But I love food too much because I always went over on top of all that. I tried I really did. But eventually I got to the point that I just said forget this and went to in-n-out and got 2 doubles, and order of fries, and a shake. Its a wonder I haven't been gaining weight.