Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old January 30th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Default Weight Training good or bad for them?

When it comes to weight training, I see a lot of guys that really don't try and lift and workout in order to lose weight or gain power. Most of the time< I see them, because they want to get a good workout and gain large muscle masses....but really, a huge body of muscle is really ugly. I'm just wondering how guys can do that to themselves, making themselves all large and muscular, it's not attractive. D:
Old February 6th, 2010, 05:04 PM

I think it's probably because guys are fascinated with certain kinds of men when they grew up, mainly superheroes or popular television or movie icons. They see these men and they want to be just like them, and part of that may just be the physique. I'm sure a lot of men were inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger when they were younger and wanted to be strong like him. At least, thats's what I'm thinking.
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM

well i know alot of my guy freinds like to work out alot! they have this thing about " getting bigger" haha so yeah im not sure how bad but im sure if they taking any typr of steroid cannt be good for your body major mood swings.
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM

working out for guys is totally fine, long as there not using steroids to bulkup. i think its totally healthy long as there being safe about it and there not over doing them selfs. hopefully many people take note to all the bad things steroids do to your body when you take them. when i was a freshman in hs there was a super cute guy but he started taking roids and now he has horrible acne and is weird looking.. he should have stayed away from the steroids.
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:18 PM

I agree with Angeli. Working out for guys is fine, but they shouldn't use stereoids.

Personally, I really liike weight training, and I do like some muscle. However, too much of it is ridiculous. Have you seen videos of youtube where the guys are just BULKED up? It's like the muscle has turned into fat by the huge size of the limbs.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM

If he's not taking roids then its all good. Like my guys been gettin bulked up since he started college football...which is normal really. And he doesn't believe in supplements or any of that stuff and he works hard to build his muscle...he had asked me if I was cool wit it...I told him as long as his body is proportioned....I think its disgusting when a guy only works out his upper body and his lower body is tiny. So yea. He's well proportioned which I love. Especially during bathing suit season. Now I have to work on my toning up...