Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old January 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM

Default DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) helps lose weight~!

This can be in technology if this is the wrong thread for it....

Anyway, has anyone ever played this game and lost weight with it? Me, I love it, I try and play whenever I can. When I had a working pad at home, I was about to unlock the songs, but I also lost at least 20lbs, it changed my life.

So anyone else give it a try?
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM

i believe it .. because dancing is the best way to lose weight.. and ddr ive played and i know how adicting it can be, so good for you! haha you lost weight while pklaying a very fun game. i should actually give this a try,, also wii,, fitness helps alot,.. and its fun when you have a partner.
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM

yeah this game is pretty addicting i remember playing all the time >> well not all the time but alot in highschool when it first came out it was fun. but then it kinda faded haha i remember at like winter formal or something thay had the ddr game there fo ppl to play
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:09 PM

yea dancing actually burns alot more calories than you would think. when i was younger i danced all the time.. i did jazz, hiphop and lryical. i was actually able to stay really thin while engaging in dance. so i could only imagine how much weight one might lose while using Dance dance revolution. i have noticed that since i stopped dancing that i have been gaining the weight right back..
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:06 AM

I can see how DDR can help you loose weight because Dancing does burn calories and it is a work out. I realized that when everytime I went to a party or a dance or something My stomach pooch from eating would be completely gone and I'll feel great...or have that burning sensation in my legs like if I just worked out. I think its great though!!! I used to love playing DDR...I haven't played in forever.
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Believe it or not, there are actually schools which are not only incorporated Wii Fit into their phyisical activity curriculum, but also DDR. I'm just surprised by this, but also a little intrigued.

When I was in PE, all we had was simply baseball, run around the field, and capture the flag. I only thought of them as timewasters, nothing more. XD
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM

wow! haha i havent played this in so loonnng! since like highschool but yeah! i remember when it was super popular and everyone played it was something that i remember not being very good at but i tried my best hahah fun times.
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:04 PM

That's amazing!!!

I never really saw DDR as a weight loss type thing. I mean I have heard that dancing does help you loose weight but I never thought that DDR was considered "dancing" per se. But In a sense it is. I love playing the game myself. When it first came out I was so into it. I was so excited when I got the pad lol. But now I don't even know where it is. I need to find it because sounds like a way to stay in shape.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:17 AM

OMG DDR!!!!

People were obsessed with this thing. I don't blame them because this thing is awesome. They still have them in arcades lol. Yes I still go to the arcade but thats only because at my college they have one on campus. Its soo much especially when you have a competition of a sort going on. Like my friends and I always have a contest when ever we play DDR. Its kinda funny though because people are always looking at us and joining in on our fun so we're always meeting random people when we play DDR. And man do you work up a sweat.
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM

I really love this game, but at the moment, I haven't been able to play, especially since I just moved and my room is stuffed with boxes which means no room for my pad. D:

In any case, it's a great game.