Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old January 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Default nutrition class?

has anybody been to a cooking and nutrition class? i am currently thinking about taking one but im not to sure if it will actually inform me of anything more that what i have already researched on my own.. so if you have taken one or two if you wouldnt mind letting me know about them and how they helped you to become healthy.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM

ive been to a few diffrent neutrition classes but im not toally sure i even learned anything from them. they did not teach us to cook anything, it was all information just to stay healthy and thats it. noting aboput cooking i think if the class you want to take has the cooking part of it i would tell you to take it for sure because im really sure that it could help with diet.
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM

In all honesty, the nutrition claes just tells you stuff that you already know or able to research on your own. The only reason I took it was to pass the semester that was my last. So yeah, I didn't remember anything from that class. D:
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:18 PM

yeah i agree nuurtition classes are basically telling you about sodium and whatnot. i mean it never relly tells you how to eat and what to eat it just teaches you how to read labels and to be honest its pretty boring sometimes ahaha. but yeah i mean you never know until you try. you might really enjoy it
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:07 PM

I know they offer one at my college as part of a GE prerequiste. I might take it I don't know yet. I think it'll be fun because I already like to cook so to actually learn the nutricional part of it is great. The only problem is the classes aren't open every year because of budget cuts and stuff so I'll have to decide soon. Is there anywhere else you can go?