Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old January 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Default school..

which is better for your child, home schooling? private school or public school. i know each have their pros and cons of doing im wondering what most people send their kids to? i grew up going to public school but im courious wondering what many parents these days are doing. i think private school is at a higher learning standard that public school and students at private schools have a higher chance of going to a ivy league school..
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Public school is better. While homeschooling can be good and more intimate, you risk the possibility of alienating your child from the outside world and give him a lack of social skills. Public school may not be the better choice in terms of education, but he'll be able to interact with students, which is key in my opinion.

Good luck figuring it out~ I also recommend private school. :X
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM

not all but most private schools are religous schools.. so if your a really religious person and you want your child to go to a private school well then thats the perfect thing for you.. i know two sisters who go to bishop amart( private) and they have class and prayer and they even sometimes go to church so yeah.

i went to a public school and i liked it so i guess its ultimately up to you as a parent
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM

I went to public school and I liked it though I know a lot of people these days are doing homeschooling and I do see a lot of pros with homeschooling. Like your hours are way more flexible than if you went to public school or private school. Also I do think that privates schools are really good too especially if you want to go to an elite high school and then an elite college.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM

well it really depends on the parent's preference. in my opinion, i wouldn't home school my kids. like someone said, the kids will lack some sort of social skills. going to public/private school will give them a chance to interact with other kids. itll give their social skills a boost. i went to a public school but if private school is in the budget for my kids (in the future) than i would go with private.
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:01 PM

i personally would not send my child to private school unless it was a non religious school, as far as home schooling goes no way simply because i feel that if you home school a child they will lack the ability to socialize. i have met one man that was homeschooled his whole life and he is really strange. i also have a college professor who homeschooled all 3 of her children.. im all for public school.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM

for me i think i would sent my child to public school, i am not very religious so i do not feel that i should pay alot of money for my children to go to a private school when they can get a good education going to their local public school becasue there are many things that they learn at public school
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine Sanxay View Post
which is better for your child, home schooling? private school or public school. i know each have their pros and cons of doing im wondering what most people send their kids to? i grew up going to public school but im courious wondering what many parents these days are doing. i think private school is at a higher learning standard that public school and students at private schools have a higher chance of going to a ivy league school..
In my opinion, it really depends on the child itself and whether they can adapt to their surroundings. I can give you the basic pros and cons from what I know. Public school is free and you get a much wider variety of people, but depending on how people are teaching at that school, there won't be much one-on-one time with your teacher and less chance of getting a quality education, and on top of that, the chance for meeting more dangerous people is higher.

Private School usually has a smaller amount of people which means a lot more attention for each student, and because of that, the chance for learning is a lot higher, and it is a lot safer typically. However, the price can turn people off.

Home Schooling, in my opinion, seems to be the worst one because it depends on the parent's skills, and if the parents can't teach, then the child suffers. On top of that, there is a lack of social interaction which is extremely important IMO.
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davida Ely View Post
In my opinion, it really depends on the child itself and whether they can adapt to their surroundings. I can give you the basic pros and cons from what I know. Public school is free and you get a much wider variety of people, but depending on how people are teaching at that school, there won't be much one-on-one time with your teacher and less chance of getting a quality education, and on top of that, the chance for meeting more dangerous people is higher.

Private School usually has a smaller amount of people which means a lot more attention for each student, and because of that, the chance for learning is a lot higher, and it is a lot safer typically. However, the price can turn people off.

Home Schooling, in my opinion, seems to be the worst one because it depends on the parent's skills, and if the parents can't teach, then the child suffers. On top of that, there is a lack of social interaction which is extremely important IMO.
tldr:

Personally, I pretty much just say "Everything this person said", so I'm just going to point anyone who reads this thread up one post above mine.

Not 100% sure I agree with home schooling,though, well, at least what that person said.
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:08 PM

i'd say it's all depending on your prefernece. if you want to do home schooling, then it's good for you. i defiantely agree with the social inhibition if you do home schooling.

i think out of all those options, public school is the worst option normally, unless you're doing home schooling and can't do it well.

so yeah home school and public school can be bad, though private school sounds fine to me.