Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old January 26th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Default is it true..

that when men smoke weed that it actually lowers their sperm count? i have heard that many things actually lower a mans sperm count, simple stuff like top romen noodles, or certain sugars and even the spa if the tempature is too warm. does anybody know forsure if this info is compleatly true?.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM

top ramon?? really ive never heard that one its a first but i have heard about the spa and like tight boxers. but weed hmm ive never heard of this one either i chill with alot of guys who all smoke haha so im sure they wont be happy with this if its true.. becasue when i say alot.. i mean allllooottttt.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM

omg i have heard alot of things that they say lower a guys sperm count. they say things like sweet and low. yea i have heard about the top roman thing as well, im kinda shocked that the fda actually allow it to be made if it causes so many problems with men and their sprem count.. but it makes me wonder if we shouldnt let our men eat these kinds of things...
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Honestly, to me, if it does lower their count, it's on them. It's like the warning label on cigarettes. People know what the effects of smoking can do to you, and people still smoke even after being informed, it's their choice.

Besides, I doubt it'll lower their count by that much if they smoke weed or eat top ramen. If it does, guys may be a bit more concerned with it.
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:44 PM

I don't know if it really does lower the sperm count, but it sounds like something you should check out with the doctor. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it lowering the count. As for Top Ramen and Weed, I'd worry about the other negative effects of eating/doing those things than it lowering your count.
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:44 PM

i don't know about weed or top ramen..i remember when i was in middle school.. none of the guys wanted to drink mountain dew because it decreases the sperm. but i do know that temperature kill the sperm though. women have their ovaries inside their body and men have testicles outside because if the testicles were placed inside, it would be too warm resulting in killing the sperm. sperm needs a 'cool' place in order to survive.
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:32 AM

I've actually heard this lol. Thats what I say to a guy whenever I know that they do that kinda stuff. They usually think I'm trying to get at them though so I don't know. Its kinda funny lol because I could careless. Some of them acrtually start questioning it and are like...for realz? Man that crazy!! I think its funny. I don't know if theres that much truth to it though.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM

not quite sure if weed decreases the sperm count but i believe ciggarettes do lower the sperm count. warm temperature has something to do with it as well.. not quite sure about sugar or top ramen though.. but hey you know some people like to make things up like the mountain dew one. lol. sounds funny =P
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM

i remember back in the days too people would say mountain dew makes your sperm count low.. i don't know how much is that is true but i doubt it. lol. but i do know that temperature have something to do with it. that's whyt hey tell men if they are trying to impregnant a woman wear boxers.. clothing that won't suffocate the sperm lol
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:44 PM

I just told someone about this, and this someone is someone that eats ramen noodles a lot for lunch since it is one of the cheapest lunches he can afford....he is freaking out about it. xD He's like "I'm TOTALLY DEAD NOW! I HAVE NO COUNT LEFT! D:"

Good times. :P