Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old January 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Default ways to inform people your expecting..

what are some of the way you told your signifant other that you were expecting? what are some ways you told your family that you have a bun in the over? anything happen that was negative when telling your family the news.
heres my story..
when i Found out i was having a baby i was nervous on how to tell my husband. so i decided to make him dinner one night and over dinner i told him i had some really exciting news.. he was really happy. we decided to let our familes know by calling our parents on a confrence call. all 6 of us were on the phone. my parents his parents and us. the news went over really well with the entire family.. my storys kinda plain.
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM

when i found out i was having a baby i had alot of mixed emotions running through my body. anyways, when i went to tell my husband i was having a baby i actually bought small baby items such as baby wipes, a bottle, a rattle and a pacifire. i spread them though out the house in his path such as baby rattle in the bathroom, baby wipes in the office on his desk, bottle in the kitchen and the pacifire on the coffeee table.. it didnt take long before he put the clues together.. then to tell our familys.. we got both our parents a picture frame that said worlds greatest grandparents.. with a picture of my parents and then one of his parents.. they knew instantly and were so excited
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:05 PM

aww both of those are cute ilike the grandparents frame idea i might have to keep that in mind. but i think the way id tell my partner is.. hmm thats hard i think its just one of those things you dont really know until it happens. as for my parents id probably tell my sisters and my parents.
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM

awww i bet its super exciting when you first find out that your expecting. but yeahi havent had to deal with this yet so once i do im sure my husbnad andi will come up with a nice cute way to tell everyone
Old January 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM

This is funny or tragic, depending on your point of view.

A friend of mine told me that her brother was watcing tele vsionm with his girlfriend and noticed that they we4re watchint Knocked Up. The girl gets an idea and grabs the guy's hand and puts it on her belly. All the guy says before freaking out is, "What, you got gas?"

*snicker niskcer* True story~ XD
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG that is tooo funny!!!!!!
That made my day..I'm so telling my bestfriend because its sounds just like him to say something like that too. I was like man!!! I can't stop laughing. Mine can't top that....

My cousin got pregnant right out of college, she wasn't married at the time. How she told my aunt and uncle was she just straight up told them. Laid down the facts let them know that she's keeping it and that she's marrying the father. And regardless of what they think they're ganna be grand parents. THey weren't too happy at first but she's normally a resposible person so they came around. They baby is a cutie and her and her husband are so perfect together!!!
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM

aww thats really cute. those storys make me sad i didnt tell my family in a really cute way. i ended up telling my boyfriend in the middle of crying about how we ruined both our lifes and how were both going to work at mcdonalds just to make some money, lol my guy is so reasonable he was like "wtf are you talking about.. you keep going to school, and i will work and go to school" haha i was planning on haveing to drop out but the way things are working out that were surviving and hes getting closer and closer to getting is degree! OH HOW I LOVE HIM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM

i was shopping with my friend and we walked into hot topic and we saw these really funny maturnity shirts and she bought one in her size.. i was kinda confused... then she told me. " this is how im going to tell micheal and my family im having a baby" i was like wa-wa-what?? your haveing a baby? she was all yes im 3 months! i was shocked but i guess this shirt is her idea of a good suprise!
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM

When I got pregnant I was a wreck. I had no Idea what I was going to do. And the thing that really sucked was I got pregnant on my first time. So much for being a rare occation. But I contemplated telling the guys I slept with. Like I told my parents and they were suprisingly okay about it. All they told me was that I was going to have to continue school through morning skiness, back pains, and swollen feet. After 2 months I decided to tell the guy and he was really mad at me for not telling him right away. He yelled at me for what seemed like hours. He too wanted to keep the baby. He was in his last year of finishing his undergrad and I was two years in. His parents were happy...which freaked me out. We decided to give the relationship thing a shot. And he asked me to marry him 4 months later. We're married now and have a beautiful baby girl. I'm finishing up my last quarter before I graduate and my husband is currently getting his masters. Oh and I forgot to tell you his parents are very wealthy. But of course I had no idea about that. Both our families helped us through though. And I'm glad everything worked out and I'm happy.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Someone did this as a joke. They were watching Knocked Up, the girl and her boyfriend, and the girl grabbed the boy's hand and put it on her stomach, and was like "I have something to tell you." The guy suddenly flipped out. It was a joke the girl was playing....which is disturbing. xD