Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Fragrance

Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:28 PM

Default best makeup counter to get your make up done?

what do you think is the best make up counter? im needing to get my makeup done for a wedding and the bride is letting her maids get their makeup done where ever they choose. so i was thinking maybe going to mac makeup and getting it done there but then again ive seen some highschool girls who look horrible after havign their makeup done there.. any other places worth trying?
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM

i like getting my makeup done by dior. they do a really good job and you dont have to buy a set limit for them to do your makeup. its really sad how mac makeup artist have you but at least 40 worth of makeup just to have them do an ok job, i really dont think that they do all that good of a job.
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM

ive gotten my makeup done at mac before.. and yeah i mean its not cool ho you have to spend 40 dollars worth of purchase ( which i think they increases) but in the end its worth it i liked it.. it stayed on all night and i got some items i really liked. i guess you just have to tell them not to cake anything on and so its to your liking
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM

yeah i agree mac can be a cake full of makeup.. and its not always the best looking either i mean yeah sometimes it looks great and there face looks flawless but other time.. its just not the business
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM

when my daughter was getting ready do go to her first formal we went to the mall and walked all the make up counters and asked them what was the min that you needed to buy, most counters said you need to buy a min of one product. mac was like u have to buy at least 60 worth to get you make up done..one lady from the counter we chose told us that the mac girls arent even licenced to do make up thats why you have to buy product to get your make up done, and thats why they cant just charge to do your make up. anyways back to my point my daughters make up came out just a vibrant n pretty as her friends who used mac the only diffrence.. they looked all caked up she looked like it was natural skin. n both lasted the same.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM

60?? wow it went up it use to be like 45 i think or 50 but yeah i buy mac compact and eyeshadows i like them and i will use them from time to time but iknow what youmean when you say caked on.. my best freind wears far too much makeup and you can alway see it i try to tell her but she doesnt think she does.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM

Its totally outragous the cost some of the cosmetic counters are charging just to do the makeup of someone.. i just recently bought a bottle of mac liquid studio fix.. cost me total like 32.00 and i still didnt spend enough to get my make up done for free. its really frustration when someone is spending so much money on just makeup. i have heard the the dior counter does a really good job and they have this spray on foundation that works just like being air brushed.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM

the only place i have gotten my make up done in the mall has been mac other than that i go to a special place when i get my make up done.. i dont really care for how they do my make up at the mall. i mean its a good idea to go and buy your make up on certain days before you have something to do because u basically get your make up done the day you buy it.
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:28 PM

For my prom I didn't even wear make up. But for my graduation I went to Victoria's secret. And the lady was really cool. I was just going to look around before we had to head to school. My friend was buying makeup and the lady started talking to us and she volunteered to do my makeup for me. She did an awesome job. I bought some make up but I didn't have too. Like she showed me how to apply stuff. And what she showed me how to put on I bought because I love the way she did it. Everytime I go there I see her. she tells me when the sales are sometimes to come back and get stuff.
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:01 PM

wow thats really cool i had never even thought about going to places like victoria secrets and having them show me or apply makeup for me.. the place i go to get my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed has a make up counter set where they sale their companys products so sometimes after i get my hair done my hair lady will put some make up on my and give me a really fun new makeup style to go wiht my fresh hair..