Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > TV Talk

Old January 15th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Default Cnn

Ok I have recently been really into watching the news. Especially about all the details unraveling about Haiti. I just really want to help. It is just so horrible what is happening to them right now. As more and more days pass it just heartbreaking how many people are dieing. With more days passing there will be lower and lower chances for people stuck underneath rubble to be able to survive.
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM

i know its horrible.. the count is just getting higher and higher. but there are plent of ways u can help.. i forget the number but i know you can text a number and donate 5 dollars its like a 5 something mumber only 5 digits i thihnk theyhave iton line and all over twitter lol
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM

there is many organizations that are willing to help and donate money to help the poor people of hatti and hopefully some of them will survive.. one big problem is that alot of the prisioners excaped and with that happening it is really unsafe for all the people who are down there trying to help as well as the residents who live down there. you can donate on many web pages as well as txt donations...
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM

I know the after shocks are still occuring on top of all that. It really sad to see how the Haitians are struggling to survive in a sense because proper care isn't immediately provided to them. Mostly due to the fact that they're airport isn't in working order and they only have one or two landing strip. Most Boats can't even come in port because their dock has been completely destroyed.
Its a good thing that all these nations are coming together to administer aid to them though, which I know is a relief to the people. Their entire Capital city has been destroyed and its going to take many years to rebuild, and I hope they would also have aid to help throught that process as well.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM

i really feel bad for these people but if you really think about it the new is making it seem alot more dramatic that what it is.. i mean they never had and kind of real building codes and things like that so all their houses made out of bricks and things like that have collapsed. dont get me wrong i feel really bad for them but you have to remember their a third world nation.. so their living conditions have never been that good we just have to try and support them the best we can and pray that nobody dies. even with donating money to them their goverment is in khos right now so even aid money is hard to disperse right now.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM

Haiti is the poorest nation in the western hemisphere so it is understandable that most of their buildings couldn't with stand the disaster. But it has really been horrible how they are having so many aftershocks and not even tiny ones like pretty big ones. I know they been have ones that are mostly around 4.9 to 5.9. I still realy dont understand why they cant distribute the medicine and everything. I mean I get food it is hard to distribute because people may start fighting over it but I mean medicine if you just give it to doctors I really doubt there will be a lot of chaos with that. I dunno it is just heartbreaking that so many people are dieing that just dont have to be.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM

I think that Haiti had been ignored by other nations for too long. They've been seeking help for awhile. This isn't the first time the had a major disaster that left the country stricken its just the first one that was of this capacity. Its really unfortunate that after being ignored for so long they are suffering gravely. For instance a couple of years back some Haitians got caught boating over to the Florida...it was about 25 or so ppl...not that many. The US government sent them back because they weren't "in grave need"....Being the poorest nation in the world doesn't put you in grave need?