Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old January 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM

Default sleeping habits

what age do you feel is the correct age to teach a child to sleep in his or her own bed. my daugter is about a two years old and im thinking of teaching her to sleep in her own bed. we have been letting her sleep with us because if we put her in her crib she would crawl over the edge and get out, we worried about her safty. now we are looking at buying her a toddler bed and we are trying to see if now would be the correct age to put her in her own room. also were trying to have another baby as well so we want her sleeping in her own room.
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM

i started my daughter in her own bed at around 17 months.. she was in a toddler bed and she was able to get up when she wanted. i would keep a baby moniter in her room anyways but she never had the desire to sleep in our bed which i think is great. for some children it can be a scarry thing. i would start putting you child in a toddler bed for napps and once there used to the bed it should be no problem durring the night. they know and are comfortable with it so they usually have no problems.
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:51 PM

i think its totally fine to start putting a child in a toddler bed as soon and they are able to walk on their own.. just make sure there is a moniter and a baby gate at their door that way if they wake up in the middle of the night they can not wonder through the house... i think its very important to teach them to sleep in their own bed..
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM

i dont really know how i feel on this subject. i remember when i was little i always slept in my parents bed till i was like 6 or 7. they would put me in my bed and then in the middle of the night i would wake up and go and go to sleep in their room. so i think it would be hard for me to make a 2 year old have to sleep in their own room. i think its fine if the child spends a few hours in their own bed!
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM

well yeah i think its when you thin its best like for example i think when my child is about 2 she should sleep in her own room i tin its reasonable.. that way they get comfortable with with there own room and sleeping arrangements
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM

i think once a baby is big enough to be out of the crib that they should be able to sleep in their own room and only be allowed to share your bed if they are scared or cant sleep. as far as letting them sleep with you on a daily basis i think is a little too much. anyways i took my cousins kids to disney land and we had a huge hotel and we all ended up sharing one bed because the kids were all used to sleeping in my cousin and her husbands bed!
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:13 PM

I think 2-3 years old would be a great age for you to move your child into the toddler bed. 3 may be a little too much, but he should at least be in the bed when he is 5 years old.

But yeah, I recommend 2-3 years to move into the toddler bed.
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:59 PM

my son always been sleeping in his own crib. he's 4 right now and he sleeps on his own bed. it's like a mini bunk bed (with rails of course) that we got at ikea. it's perfect for him! it's like a twin side bed and instead of it having another bed under it, its like an empty space where we put all his toys there.. and he calls that his 'secret lair'.. whatever that is =)
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:33 PM

I think when they were around.......2 years old, I think, would be when it's time to put them on theirt own bed. A crib is a great idea, but yeah, those kids can climb and get out. xD I know I did that when I was younger.

But yeah, 2 years old is when the time would be appropriate.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM

i think that between 18 months - 2 yrs they should be learning to sleep in their own bed. some ways you can get them used to sleeping in their own bed is by putting them in there during nap time and then at night if they cry then try putting them in their bed and laying on the floor with them untill they fall asleep keep it consestent with them sleeping and napping in their own big kid bed,