Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old January 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Default major change in hair color. do or dont?

i am currently a med color brown and i am thinking about having my hair dyed to a blonde color. i am wondering how bad i would look if i went blonde. i worrie that i would look bad but at the same time i think i would look good. so i worrie about what to do. does anybody have any ideas, i once tried to go blonde before but i came out very redish blonde. any ideas how to get rid of the red and have just blonde.. ive heard of bleaching it but im not totally sure thats what i would want. some one told me to try out wigs but i worrie it would look to fake on me? has anybody wore a wig before? Do they have kinds you can get wet and stuff?
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:41 PM

You can try a sow in extention or clip in extentions wit that color and see if you like the actual color on you first. As far as dyeing it goes you should talk to a professional and get some tips...I know if you go to a beauty school they would be more willing to help you out with that and if you choose to let one of the girls there do it its really cheap. Like for me I wanna try out long hair so I'm getting those clip in extentions for awhile.....
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:41 PM

they have human hair wigs that don't look too bad....I have friends who wear them all the time. I wear clip ins and I'm going to try to put in my own sow in extentions...we'll see how that goes. But back to the wigs...You can also get lace front wigs...were the front part of your hair is out and the back is covered...You can look them up on line. Good luck.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:04 PM

this is the way i look at it.
its hair.. you can cut it.. dye it and change it and its still for the most part going to be there and grow back,

so try the blonde! you ever know. and if you abosoulety hate it its a light color you can always dye it a dark side,, maybe a brown so yeah just try.. as for the redish tint.. bleaching.. yup.. is the onky ways i can think of
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM

There are hair pieces called front lace wigs...you can try that...it looks more natural than a regualr wig. Or just go to a wig store and try on a blonde wig and see if it fits you. Thats what I do when I'm trying out new hair styles...I try them on before I actually go an butcher my hair. Now I'm experimenting with weaves...I just need to find time to go put it in...
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM

I'm all for trying new hair styles. My moto is why not when you're young? It works for me. You have more freedom to experiement now than you would when you're older because you're young, in college, and probably don't have a strict job dress code...in regards how you should look. So if you want to dye your hair out go for it. I would do like some of the people on here said and go to a wig store....that helps especially if you're thinking about trying a new style thats pretty drastic.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:56 PM

i think its a great idea.. ive decided that i really like my hair dark so i think im going to dye it a really dark brown simply because i think i look better with dark brown instead of dirty blonde hair.. i know thata a big change but im still planning on doing that simply because i like me hair darka dn i really dont care what anybody says..
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM

The have human hair wigs lol. They can get washed and you can straighten them and curl them and stuff like that lolz.

But if you want to dye your hair go for it. Change up your style. Its better to do it now like Ivy said. I wish I had enough guts to actually change up my hair style like that but I don't I'm a huge chicken when it comes to my hair....its really sad lolz.
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:03 PM

I am too I don't really like to change my hair too much Just a regular hair here and there. I think that as far as dyeing your goes just talk to a professional. I think they will able to get the right color that you want because I know sometimes if you try to dye your hair blond it sometimes goes bad and turns green so it is better to just leave it in the hands of a professional at least that is my opinion.
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:06 PM

so i went from being a dark blonde color to a black brown color.. it was a drastic change from what i had but it makes me look alot better with the darker hair.. everybody says i have the itailan look going on with the olive colored skin intense eyes and the dark colored hair. im not too sure that i beleive them but they say they like it.. i usually encourage my friends to dye their hair drastic.. gives you a whole ne out look on yourself..