Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old January 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Default eating right between classes

so lets face it.. winter is basically over and back to school it is.
i find myself with literally only enough time to breath if that lol.
so what are some healthy snacks i can grab on the go.. because i literally go from work to school and then hmwk and i knock out.

special k bars?
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM

yumm i love those bars lol but they say eat one or two for a snack sometimes i wanna eat more then just two or one hahha so im not sure how good that is.. anyways.. try snacking on grapefruit. i heard if you eat a grapefruit 3 times a day you"ll lose 4 pounds over a 12 week period which is long but i mean its not a diet so thats prety good.
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM

I don't know about special k bars to be honest....while I can imagine that they do have nutrients and things packed in there, I would check the contents of what you're eating just to be safe, but thats just me since I never really trust those bars.

Personally, I would go with either an apple, orange, or other fruit (Not a banana, if you keep them in a cold container, they turn black quickly), or nuts and chow on them while you're walking to class.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM

i like snacking on things like honey bunches of oaks. or something of that sort that resembles gnorola. other then that i will grab whatever is nearby.. and maybe its healthier some times then other.. a water bottle is my best freind tho
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM

Totally understand I have the same problems...it sucks lol
Special K is pretty cool but you can also try granola bars or trail mixes. I'm not big on snacks so I make PB&J sandwiches as my snack...some people consider it a meal but I dont think so. (I eat alot)
Also they'res chew bars too so you can also check that out.
Old January 16th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Honestly, the best snacks I've had is fruits when it comes to being on the Go. Apples, Bananas, Oranges, they're really really good for on the go. It feels you up jsut enough to keep you going, but it also makes you feel energized regardless of your earlier diet. That's what I prefer instead of chips or bars.
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:03 PM

healthy snacks that keep you full can be fruit, granola bars, or smoothies.. my college has a fruit and smoothie bar located in the center of campus and it makes it nice being able to grab snacks that are healthy and keep you full. if your school dosent have ne thing else thats healthy you can always bring fruit from home and then you will be able to snack healthy.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM

I would just do the granola bars type stuff. Or pack healthy veggies like carrots and stuff like that. I really like baby carrots!!! They're sooo good. Also you can pack crackers and cheese and stuff like that. you can always look at different types of healthy snacks through google...like Kashi...I think thats what its called those are really good and they're supposed to be healthy.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:13 PM

yeah thats hard sometimes especially when your running aroumnd trying not to lose your parking spot.. or be late to class or simpley just running from work to school but yeah i try to bring little snacks liek cereal gnornola and what not,
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM

I mostly munch on granola bars too. I don't like special K cereal bars...its okay for breakfast snacks but not cool for whenever snacks. But I like chewy bars. or trail mixes too. Also I eat mixed dried fruit. They're really good. Like dried mango slices or apricots/peaches. Sometimes I just munch on baby carrots. Its not that hard to eat healthy you just have to want to do it.