Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:28 PM

Default i have no clue why blu rays are so popular...

i really dont understand why someone would want to pay twice as much for a blue ray player and also pay almost double for every movie they purchace.. all the movies ive seen on sale for bluray seem to be way more expensive that if you were to just buy the dvd. i dont know why someone when and marketed the same thing. i really just dont understand.
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:55 PM

yeah! seriously i dont understand! okay i went to buy district 9 for my friend for christmas on blu ray tho and i dont get it.. seriously i really dont.. and its weird becasueso many guys love blu ray .. to me there all movies.. i really dont get it
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:03 PM

I feel the same. Like blu ray is overated. And people are all into it...like if dvds dont exists or isn't as good. I know its supposed to be all high def but a movie is a movie front and back. Its just another thing I can't affort to spurge on during this reccession.

Hopefully blu ray doens't do what dvd's did to video players....
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM

i actually dont think i have ever seen a blue ry dvd maybe thats why i dont really see the need for them haha i think.. okay dvd ,.. regualr dvd i dont think i have to go out and buy the blue ry.. but who knows maybe one day i will watch it and my total attitutude towards them will be different
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:41 PM

I totally agree with Noelle...BluRays are extremely overated. I mean come on...its double everything basically and during these tough times who can afford that? Even if you could why would you spend it on that? I have other things I need to take care of. And plus I already have a DVD player that works just fine...and the cost of a BluRay DVD is crazy...
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM

I don't get it either. I mean I understand its the hit thing to get as far as electronics goes...but I mean come on you have to draw the line some where. But I do remember when DVD Players first came out that it was super expensive...and then all of a sudden they went down by alot. So maybe the same thing would happen for the BluRay player....I sure hope so. Because for me to be able to get one somethings gatta give.
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM

I agree with you, Edana. The Blu-Ray player is probably gonna go down in price. However, I think that when HDTV sets go down in price, so will this. The DVDs were popular because you didn't need an HDTV setup to get the msot of it. Now the VBlu-Ray requires it because otherwise, it's just like a regular DVD player.

At least, that's what I think.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:28 PM

I'm still confused as too what the player even does. too me it looks the same and the disc look the same...I don't know the difference. I'm not getting one thats for sure. Even if it was a gift I would return it for a gift card or get something I actually need/want. I mean come on....the discs are way more expensive than a dvd...so why would I do that. I don't have money to waste....especially with two kids a husband and a dog.
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM

I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I mean yea its all good and everything that its crisper image and all that but I'm not willing to pay double the price for it. We're in a recession...I have to watch my budget planning. I know alot of people are really into the blu ray thing. But I can't bring myself to even buy the player and the discs. My DVD player playes fine and I'm happy with it.
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Who you telling?! Its crazy how expensive these things are. Each Disc is espensive and the player is rediculous. I'm like why? It only has one feature above the DVD player and people swear by it. I mean call me cheap all you want...but I'm not going to spend all that money on on Disc regardless of how great the movie was.