Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM

Default senior housing.

im on here becuase im wondering what to help my grandma choose as far as finding a house to live in. they have two diffrent kinds of places.. they have one thats assisted living where there is staff that assist the elderly if needed its not a nursing home, and then they have a community thats gated in and its just for seniors, they have smaller homes but the whole community is seniors. my grandma is a social butterfly and im wondering if she should get a senior appartment or if she should get her own house.. i know at the appartment place they have activitys and dances that im sure she would enjoy.
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM

yeah i think the assisted living is much better becasue then at leasts they dont feel like children and they get to have there own personal space like a living room and kitchen.. garden if they want.. seems like a great place.. i mean yeah if a nursing home is required then yeah i would say nursing home if i absoulety have too.. if its something i can take care of my self then my gma would stay with me
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM

i think assisted living is better becasue like you said they can still fell independent without really feeling like they are being treated like a child and they can have all there own personal belonging with them also have friends who are near by so yeah i agree with assisted living.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Assisted living for sure. While the community would be nice for her since as you said, she is a social butterfly, I can imagine that in one of those places, every part of their lives would be regulated to death, and I'm sure no one wants that, so I would say to go with assisted living as opposed to the community apartments.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:43 PM

Assisted Living is very good. While I think the community would be a good option, it may be something as a last resort if you have not a little bit of cash. Otherwise, I'd pay extra for assisted living since the community can really rob a person of their freedom or their adulthood, I think.
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:15 PM

if i was a senior and i was fully cabale of for the most part taking care of myself , i would want the assisted living because if i could live in my own home with other friends and i only need certain assistance i would so much rather live therei think i would be alot happier