Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old February 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM

yeah i like it too.. to an extent tho.. becasue sometimes it can go on for awhile and you can be sitting there tying to be interested but your just not haha so yeah idunno but for the most part i do like hearing stories.
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM

Stories of 'back in the day' is always good. I used to volunteer at a senior center and man If I could publish the stories they told me sometimes. They're really nice people too. But I loved going there because they would give you some advice and be like.."listen to me i was young once" And man can they see right through you. But I really love it when I hear older people tell stories!!!
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM

wow i love hearing storys weather there from my grandma or just another old person. they have such good stories, im hoping that i can become a good story teller when im old.. im hoping that one day i can become old and wise cause when i was younger i was crazy. i am really inspired when i see or hear some old person telling a story so a younger person.. i love it when people tell my neice such wonderful storys.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM

i love love love hearing stories from my grandpa. i remember one time when i was going through soem situations with my boyfriend i was telling my grandpa the whole thing and he was soo understanding. he told me stories about my grandma (who i never met because she died when she had my youngest uncle). he started tearing up.. telling me how much he misses her. it was actually sad.. i kinda wish at that moment i didn't bring it up because it made me so sad seeing him cry.. but it's nice to have that kind of moment with him
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Now that I am older, listening to these stories are quite awesome. It's a lot of history that I'm learning. Personally, one of those things that I love to hear the most would be how much it used to cost to buy things back then, and I'm thinking that the money I have now would make me a rich person.

Good times.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:41 PM

all the grand parents on my side of the family have passed away.. so all i have left are my husbands grand parents.. and he is lucky enough to have all 4. our children are lucky to have two sets of great grand parents. anyways we like to listen to their storys because they offer lots of wisdom and advice and its really nice to listen to them because their older and wiser.