Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old December 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM

Default story telling

i love when my gandma tells me stories about when she was younger and what she went through.. where she worked and i love looking at pictures becasue i love to see how they dressed and the qaluity of the picture. its just soo much fun. i know normally everyone is like" oooo here it goes again" but really its fun to learn the past of your grandparents
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM

ohh im with you on this one.. i love looking at old pictures and to see how everyone looked and what they wore. and just overall everything. so yeah i really like story telling time formm not only my grandparents but my parents as well or even my aunts lol
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM

yeah its really neat to look at old picture even if yourselves becasue youlook back and your like what the heck was i thinking when i wore that! or even with hair styles haha.. but hey its the fun of having old pictures. anyways my gma lives further away so when i do visit her we spend alot of time togerther
Old December 18th, 2009, 11:54 AM

i love hearing stories from my grandma.i will admit there are times when im just like " ughhh i know!" but most the time i like to hear what she has to say i mean how often can you hear about things.. i actually think my gma was a little girl when jfk was killed.
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:29 PM

I'm the same way I love listening to my grandparents talk about how it was back in their day...my parents have some pretty hilarious stories themselves about college and high school experiences they had. Its only when they talk about stuff that I did when I was younger I'm not interested. But when its about them I have no problem. I love looking at photo albums and watching family videos and stuff like that.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM

i love hearing stories from my grandmothers past. i meanyeah sometimes some of them are boring or go on too long but in the long run i like the stories she tells and look forward to when she tells me about the jobs she had before
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM

haha i could never imagine my grandmother smoking cigs, riding dirtbikes and getting drunk.. haha she always reminds me that its ok to do silly things and how people do so much more when their younger then pretend they never did it when their older.. i think my grandma and i are alot alike.. some of her stories i could totally see me being her when she was younger.. i absolutly love my grandma and i think she is just such an amazing person full of good stories!
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:07 PM

i agree that its sometimes boring to listen to someone tell a story about something but then sometimes their stories are really good. i love hearing my grandma tell me her story about having two kids and being a widow by the age of 20. its really sad but i hear how she went on to remarry and have another two children and still be alive 86 years later and being able to tell us her storys and accomplishments.
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:54 PM

I wish I had the oppurtunity to hear more of my grandmother's stories, I remember she had a very vivid and troubled past, it was unbelievable sad, yet full of hope as she traveled from mexico to america. Harrowing, but inspiring. I really enjoy her company.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM

i love hearing stories of older peoples lifes.. they always have so much to tell you and many people had it hard when they cam to live in america..i just think how lucky i am to be able to live here and to not have to live in poverty like my grandmother did when she first moved to california.. she was born in arkansas and migrated to california when she was 5 during the great dust bowl...she said it was very sad watching all the families who didnt ever make it to california...