Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old December 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM

Default gifts?

my best friends grandmother died and they offered me to look through her stuff to see if there was anything i would want. i feel bad taking things of hers. i mean i know shes no longer but shouldnt these be things the family gets.. like she has some beautiful rings and necklesses and i really like them her family says take them they do not want them.. what should i do?
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM

TAKE THEM!!! if they're offering why not? They'll probably give it someone else if you dont take them. You can even look at it as holding if for your friend maybe one of these days when the pain of the lose is gone you'll be able to give them back to her to remember her grandma by. Your friend would appreciate it later if you even just save her one ring. You dont have to even wear them if you dont want to.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM

eyeah my gma is pretty upfront about letting use know what she wants haha she has no problem dropping hints and telling use exactly what it is but yeah i miss her lol sher lives further away from me. so i dont see her all the time anyways her bday was on the 31st. so we got her a wondergift.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:30 PM

Personally, I think that there is no harm in taking some of your grandmother's belongings. Your family is not going to take them at all, and they'll just be thrown away if no one at all wants them, so why not take them? I don't think it's such an offensive act that your grandmother would disapprove if she were alive....so I would take them.
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM

my gma has always told me that she would leave me some of her stuff as long as i liked them and actually would wear them she doesnt want something that im going to throw in a box and just leave there to collect dust.
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Personally, I think that you have to think about what your grandmother would have wanted in the end, and if she wanted you to have it. If you think it is something that she would want to pass down to you, then I think you should accept it. Otherwise, I would make sure to give it to someone that will appreciate it , or someone that she think would appreciate it.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:56 PM

i love to buy my grandparents presents, there are so many things they i see that i think, grams or pops would love to have. there are so many things. i havent been somewhere on vacation that i didnt buy them something. when i was in mexico i bought them alcohol and it was funny i got carded alot of places but one place i didnt get carded.. the airport.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:32 PM

I would have to say that if your famiyl is letting you take whatever it is that your grandmother used to own, I would take a look, and ask if there is anything that you want that your family wants as well. They are clearly letting you go first because they are putting you ahead of them because they care about you, and I'm sure they want you to pick a memento suitable for you. At least, that's what It hink.
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM

i think that its fine if the family is offering them to you because if you dont take them they might give them to somebody who doesnt even knwo the grandma, or even worse they might just donate them to the good will or something like that.. if you really like the item and they told you that you can have it they by all means keep it and wear it. by you wearing the jewlery it is showing that the grandmas spirit still lives one though her things..
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:39 PM

i would feel bad too if i was taking it from my friend's grandmother but then again if you really like it adn your friend's family is offering it to you then i think you should take it@!! it's not like yiou are stealing it since they are insisting you to pick what you like