Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old December 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Default pre light christmas tree?

are they safe to use in a house when you have a child under 3. im worried about the tree being pre lit that something might go wrong. am i just being over worried or am i worring for a good reason? any body every had any problems with their prelit christmas trees? i have read many things about using real christmas trees and that they catch fire easly and i worrie about that. someone said if you really worrie you can have your tree sprayed in flame retardent or something so it dosent torch your house if it catches fire.
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM

i think you are totally over reacting. both trees are safe long as you take caution when having your child near the tree. my neice loves to be by our tree and looking at all the shiny bulbs and sparklying lights.. she wouldnt leave our tree alone so we ended up having to gate it off..p.s its a real tree. We put up a baby gate so she can only get so close to it and thats it. she has learned to look with her eyes not her hands.
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:38 PM

the trees wouldnt be sold if they were not safe. i mean i think your smart enough not to let your child chew on the lights or the cord, so i think your fine. if your worried about it catching fire only plug it in when your home and then make sure you turn it off when your leaving and when you go to bed. thats the best way. and if you get a real tree make sure to keep enough water in it so that way it dosent dry up.
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM

its okay to be concerned but its not a biggie. I think the safety gate around the tree is a great Idea...I'll actually try that. Trees are safe as long as the baby doesn't go tearing the tree apart...he/she's probably just interested in checking out the lights and pretty decorations...ofcourse being curious they'll want to touch too..thats where the gate comes in if you're really concerned...but I think if you watch him/her while they look at the tree and keep a close eye..it'll be fine...

My 2yr old cousin just looks at the tree like just sits there and looks at the lights and plays with his toys by the tree and we have a real tree he's completely cool with it.
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM

my less then a year old cousin just came to visit and she cant walk yet but once you put her in front of the try i swear she didnt blink for about 2 minutes she was jsuta amazed by the lights.

i dont think anything will happen im sure things like that are a frweak accident. but your not crazy to worrying. i agree with not leaving the tree plugged in all night. unplug it once you go to bed.
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM

thats what my family does we have tow christmas trees .. one upstiars and one down.. botg fake .. but we turn off all the lights every single night.. i dunno if my mom does it to conserve engery or what but either way they are off each night before she goes to bed
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM

yeah my dad does the same thing before he goes to bed he turns of the christmastree lights.. but sometimes hes just chilling in the living room and the lights are on in the day when you cant even tell they are on i think he just likes the effect lol
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM

Think of this way...if it wasn't safe it wouldn't have been on the market for as long as its been. They're perfectly fine my mom has a bunch of miniture ones she has in random places around the house and ourside in our court yard. Our big christmas tree is real but I'm sure theres nothing wrong with the pre lit ones. Actually they're pretty cool because putting on those lights can get pretty annoying sometimes...
Old December 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM

i think they would be safe because if they werent they wouldnt sale them in stores.. everything that gets sold had to be aproved before it can get sold. if they find them unsafe then they would not be allowed to sale them in stores. the fake trees are usually more safe than the real ones because they dont burn the way the real trees burn.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:40 PM

We used real Christmas trees until it simply became too expensive to buy a new tree every year, so we simply bought a plastic tree, and that solves things.

I think unless you are really worried, youshould be fine. If the child tries to play with anything, I'd push him back and get it into his head that nothing around the tree needs to be touched.