Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old December 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Default How do you..

I was looking at renting a car for a trip across the US. (litterly from cost to cost) and we onyl have there people going (we are visiting a lot of folks on the way). But when I start looking for a car to rent I cant find one that doesnt have a state limit. Some of them allow a few states while others have unlimited millage in those states. Does that mean they can be taken out of the state?
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:20 PM

thats a very good question. ive personally have never rented a car.. btu my best advice to you is.. im not sure if your going to be able to find a car rental company that would allow that many miles. and if you do. well then good!
but i would advise that you call around and actually speak to someone so that you can have your questions answered in deatil rather then just reading somthing about it on the interent and being unsure
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM

well usually when you rent a car they charge you a higher rate if your planning on driving the car coast to coast. they they also charge you if your driving from one coast to the other and leaving the car there and flying home it all just depends on exactly what your doing with the car. also most rental companys have a minimum age limit of 25 to rent a car so make sure you have atleast one driver who is 25.
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM

i think that sounds like a really fun idea, most companys will let you rent a car from them if they have another location in the states you are traveling to. so say your leaving cali, and your headed to flordia and they have a return place there they will usually let you take the car and drop it off there. but you need to call and talk to them just to make sure.
Old January 27th, 2010, 04:14 PM

i never knew you need a creditcard to rent a car?? i thought like an atm card was fine?? well i think i might have my facts all mixed up becasue someone told me this and it doesnt sound right anymore haha anyways ive never rented a car so i guess once i do i'll do more research on it.
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM

I don't know, but I'm assuming that since some have unlimited mileage, it's possible that they may be allowed in other states. The reason for the state limits is so that they can get the cars back and get them to other people quickly. At least, that's what I think
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:03 PM

What Polly said makes sense. But I know rental places have different packages or at least thats what I heard. So you should just ask them and see if you infact can...they'll probably charge you an extra fee or something like that. But the trip sounds like a fun idea so you should totally do it. Just check out different places and see what they're regulations are.
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Yeah that does sound like a fun idea. I was actually planning to do something like that but I ended up deciding to drive my own car because I think it would be cheaper that way but it would probably be less comfy because my car is kind of small. I haven't decided when I want to but I definitely know that I want to. But I guess renting a car would be better in the aspect that because you went a car it is easier to split costs because I don't know but I feel like if I drive my car it is my resposiblity to pay for all gas expenses which can get a lot It is just hard to ask your friends to split the cost when it really is your car.
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM

I think for some of them, they do have unlimited mileage which means that you can go as far as you want. However, I cannot be sure, so I think you will have to doublecheck the speicfics of the deal as well as how far you can drive it, whether it'd be out of the state, or just anywhere in the state.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:10 PM

your best bet would bet to go to each place and see if they would allow you too because each place has different restrictions that you have to abide by so you should spend some time atleast calling each one and checking out different rates and restrictions they may have. It would probably be expensive as far as insurance and coverage goes since you'll be entering different states that have different jurisdictions.