Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old December 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Default On Sleep

I have noticed that there are a lot of you askign questions about sleep. This is for those of you that sleep:
A lot, but still feel tired.
Have trouble falling alseep
Have trouble staying alseep
Sleep, but get sleepy during the day (i.e. after lunch)

This is an information post for you all. Sleep is a complex and one of the least understood actions of the body. When you have trouble sleeping, falling or staying asleep, for longer than two weeks, you have a conditon called insomina. It is the most common sleeping disorder and often occurs in nearly everyone's life at some point in time. Insomina is most often caused by sleeping pills!!!! however, in some cases sleeping pills may be needed to help a person temp get to sleep. You have to talk to your doctor about what is best for you. However, in most cases 1 benadryl at night before you lay down is enough to CURE insomina. You only need ONE good nights sleep to cure your sleeping problems.

The human body is actually built to take TWO periods of sleep and runs on a 27 hour day, not 24. One is long and we take this moment at night. The second is int he middle of the day and short. So yes naps are okay.

I hope this helps inform you all a little bit better.
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Thank you for the info. My doctor started me on anti-depressents. Appeartly they can help you sleep better, which I thought was strange. Dont depressed people take sleeping pills too because they cant sleep? Anyway she said what you said about sleeping pills being the leading cause of insomina. People get addicted to them and cant sleep without them. Also she said that not sleeping could kill you. is this true?
Old December 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM

YESS!! THANK YOU!! that was very informative. Thanks for taking the time out to actually post this. I have a major sleeping problem for some reason I go to sleep around 2 in the morning. I got used to it, i dont really feel tired until 6 in the afternoon and thats usually when I start work again. Its taking it toll on me I have sight baggage under my eyes too...So i'm tryin to get more rest but sleep doesnt come at all. THANKS SO MUCH 4 THE POST!! it was very informative
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM

oo yes that makes soo much more sesn the only think tbat i dont get is my frien has taken more sleeping pills then i have and shes has perfect time sleeping at night. i on the other hand wake up in the middle of the night go to sleep early wake up in the night go back to sleep and then wake up again and still feel tired even after i got a total of 8 hrs of slee
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:39 AM

yeah this really helped and it makes alot of sense.. i figured maybe sleeping pills would have thrown me off track but since i havent taken them in so klong after awhile of not sleeping i figured it had to be something else like my matress lol.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM

im going to takethis advice and hope that it works,. becasue im reallt tired of not sleeping or waking up and then trying to go back and then still feeling tired. and sleeping pills they should tell you it may cause imsomina! haha and if they do well then i need to start reading the bottles haha
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM

There is a God!! thank you so much. This is really good info. Because I serious sleeping problems that I need to take care of. I go to sleep late and wake up late and still feel exhausted like if I never got any sleep at all. Even if I go to sleep at a good time I still have the same problem. I take naps during the day so that good. But I may just need to talk to my doctor about my problem.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the post I got alot of information out of it. And it was clear enough to actually make logical sense. I've always have problems sleeping...It takes me forever to actually fall asleep and in the morning I hate getting up. Once I get my day started I have no problems. Sometimes I feel tired but thats towards the end of the day around 7 but then I feel like if its too early to sleep and so i dont. Maybe I should just go to sleep at 7 I think my body needs the rest.
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM

yeah i had trouble sleeping too and my scheduele was all off i wanted to sleep during thr day and not at night i was backwardsfor some reason and then i figured if i did something before i went to bed that would make me tired i would fall asleep worked for a little but still no great results even now with school im still up till about 3 or 4
Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:41 PM

You had me at the "naps are okay" part. I though it was bad to take naps during the day because then you won't be able to go to sleep at night. Alteast thats what people keep telling me. But its good to see that it is infact alright. But I really do have a problem with going to sleep and waking up. Sometime I don't have a problem but then other times its really bad.