Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Movies Reviews and Recommendations

Old December 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Default Movies that come out on holidays

So I always hear about these movies that come out on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day or even New Years, but do people really go out on the holiday and see a movie? I thought holidays were suppose to be spent with family and friends, not at the movies. And I think about those poor people that have to work at the movie place just so they can ahve it open. I wouldnt want to be working on Christmas!
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM

I would think that movies thatc opme out on holidays are good for those who dont have many friends or family close by. I mean my family all lives in another state so we see one another once in a great while, but say they couldnt fly out it would be nice to have something to go do on the holiday rather than sitting at home by yourself you know? And I wouldnt feel so bad for ppl who work on holidays, they get extra pay that day!
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:00 PM

i have a friend whos family has all seperated and they all live in diffrent states so on holidays he just leaves town and goes and spends the day somewhere by him self he sometimes goes out to the movies and things liek that but i really feel bad for him so i always invite him to come and join my family and i in our hoilday festivitys.
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM

i went to the movie on thanksgiving.. we had dinner and then it ws just my immediate family and we went away so after dinner and cleaning up my mom hadnt seen new moon so we went to go watch it. again lol also on christmas we go visit my family in texas .. and we watch alot of movies but non on christmas day..

also alot of ppl dont celebrate chrsitmas or thanksgiving,
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM

I know right?...like the poor people who have to work in the movie theatres on Christmas just so other people can go to see a movie...you could go see it the day after or something...but no lets see it on christmas.

I'm such a hypocrit lol...Sherlock Holmes was awesome!!!
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM

haha on christmas eve i watch superbad i think it was recoreded on the tivo at my cousins house soo i watched.. and then ithink we watched music videos.. on chrstmas i went to the movie theater and watched the blind side it was such a cute movie.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:03 PM

On Christmas, I was watching a whole bunch of Christmas-related movies, and when I ran out of them, I popped in Die Hard only because it had a Christmas setting. XD

But yeah, it would suck to work on Christmas Day, especially for a movie that n ot many people are going to go see during that day. D: Not a good idea in my opinion.
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM

I love the idea of going out on Christmas with the family to watch a movie. I think its lots of fun. It sucks for the people who have to work...but hey they get paid extra for it so I don't feel that bad for them. I can see why some people would have a problem with this concept but I had fun on Christmas when my cousins and I went to the movies...to get out the house. It was priceless.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM

I have mixed feeling about this because I'm one of those people who like watching movies that come out on Christmas. But I do feel bad for the people who are there working. Yea they have bonuses but I still feel bad. But I can't judge because they choose to be there. So its okay. I guess. Its their choice really. Either they need the money or really like their job.
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:35 PM

What I really love about some of these movies is that there is usually at least one movie that is totally inappropriate for the Holiday, but only come out because it's showing a tiny connection to the holiday. I especially love the Christmas Holiday Horror films that are really bloody and are going to be bad, but they are just hilarious for the setting it takes place under.