Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old December 9th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Default too much sleep?

lately i have been sleeping alot.. more the usual and when i get up i feel even more tired then before. but i dont get it.. if i fall asleep around 12 or 1 every night and i wake up normally around 830.. when i dont have anything to do 9. i come home after work and i take a small nap sometimes not all the time and then fall asleep fine at night.. i just feel like when i sleep more im more tired . but if i sleep only 4 or 5 hrs i feel great
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM

yeah i have the exact same problem.. wheni get about 4 or 5 hrs of sleep thats moe then enough i feel fine i dont feel tired thoughout the day and i just feel well rested and energized.. but if i get like 8 hrs man o man i feel super tired in the morning and lazy.. and then im tired arounf 3ish andf i need a nap and then i fall asleep fine at night.. that cannot be normal right?
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM

it just depends what your body gets used too. if your used to sleeping alot it really wont make a diffrence but if your body is set on getting only 4 hours of sleep a night then it is normal for you to only sleep that much and when you do sleep more hours your body feels like you have over slept. this happens to me alot durring the winter months. when its cold and rainy my daughter and i stay in our pjs all day n watch movies and take naps.. we go into lazy mode and if we get to much sleep we just feel super sleepy all day.
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Yeah I agree I think it is really what your body is used to. because if your body thinks that 4 to 5 hours is a full nights sleep then if you sleep double that they it will just mess up your body and make it more tired than before. I think just try to stick to a normal routine so your body wont go out of wack.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:50 PM

There is such a thing as sleeping too much. But I am curous, when you dont get a good nights sleep, i.e. four hours a night, do you drink coffee or energy drinks or even soda on those days? I suggest cutting out all caffeen for a week or so and see how you feel. It could be that you are just stimulating your body to feel better on less sleep. But this is really bad for you. If you feel great fter only 6 hours of sleep, then thats all you need.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM

I have the exact feeling...I can sleep all day, in the summer I would spend my days in bed and still feel tired when I get up and start doing stuff. I would sleep for 1 or 2 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon sometimes then go out with my friends. Its kindof weird but my mom said that its because its not normal and my body never adjusted to it. So now she has me on a sleep schedule I feel like I'm in grade school versus college. But she just wakes me up because I dont hear my alarm go off anymore...I have 3 total my phone my clock and my ipod...I hear neither one I guess I sleep like a rock.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM

some times sleeping and then still feeling tired can be a sign of being sick there are a few diffrent things that one may need to have checked.. if you always feel tired and sluggish you might have an iron defecence or you can also becoming down with some other type of infection or something else like that.. to be safe i would talk to your doctor about that.
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM

I have a similar problem too. I mean I am always tired I really don't know what is wrong with me. It really doesn't matter how much I sleep because I am still tired throughout the day. Especially when I try to read or study I just want to fall asleep but that could because I think the subject is boring but I don't know I definitely think there is something wrong with me. Like right now I could fall asleep.
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM

too much sleep.. hmm well yeah i see whzt youmean but that hasnt been happeninf to me lately im having lack of sleep and still feeling pretty tired just like now and then by the end of the day i have school and im just soo tired! ahh
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:34 PM

i hated when that would happen you get too much sleep and all you wanna do is just sleep all the time. when i was put on bed rest with my first child i hated it because there is only so much tv you can watch and usually when you spend all day laying in bed you tend to fall asleep often. so i was constantly tired but i guess it all payed off once i had the baby becuase i was awake alot of the nights following delivery. screaming baby.