Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old January 6th, 2010, 05:01 PM

i need to start going on little walks but with going to work and then literally running to school right after i hardly have time to eat a decent meal. so basically i need to figure out how to get up earlier and maybe do it all before 930 haha which i know i wont do.. so what im lfet with either 11 o'd clock walks when i dont have hmwk or weekends
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM

I need to start taking walks to or at least walk my dog I mean my dog hasn't taken a walk for like months or something I don't know I know its bad for him which is why I want to take him for walks but I am just so lazy and I guess I just need start now even if it is just 30 minutes its better than nothing. It is just hard because I hate walking in the dark so i have to make sure I get home early before the sundown because once the sun goes down I dont even want to go outside let alone take a walk.
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Other than simply using different music to spice things up, or to go on different routes, you may want to try to challenge yourself at times. So, for example, you would want to challenge yourself by going faster, sprinting or jogging, or even timing yourself to see that you keep up a certain amount of distance in a fixed period of time.

At least, those are my suggestions.
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM

i really need to start taking more walks man o man.. ialwasys ay all this stuff but i never go through with it and so yeah i need to start to be more motivated right now i would just like tio go home.. but i cant just yet
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM

aww. i got a new puppy for christmas and he is so hyper.. so he is my weight loss tool, we go on alot of walks and everything. i think its helpful to keep me in shape..and when i we walk and try and train him. i think its great when we work together and then im able to lose weight.
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Its after the holidays and I'm still gaining weight. Its kindof sad though. Its not that I dont want to work out I just dont have the time anymore. And when I do find myself with free time I spend it reading a book or watching tv or just sleeping. I need to push myself and get out there and just do it. I dont think theres any other way to get around it but just putting on my gear and heading out the door...
Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:21 PM

I would say to alternate between routes as well as music and things that you're doing on the walk....so if you're doing music, maybe listen to a favorite comedy track instead. Do someting to alternate so you don't get bored walking.

Other than that, you need to try and suck it up for the most part since it can get boring at times.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM

You can just do like a jog walk sprint type thing. Where you jog a block and then sprint the next one then walk the other one after that. With that you'll have a better work out and faster results. Or you can just go to the gym and take some fitness classes or do pilates or stuff like that. Or just go dancing. Dancing works miracles trust me...and its fun!!! thats a plus
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM

yeah I need to start taking little walks and going jogging because I am gaining so much weight. I seriously have never gained so much so fast but I guess it is because I haven't really been moving at all. All I do is sit on the couch and then sit in class and sit in front of the computer which doesn't help at all. I need to get back into my exercising mode
Old February 6th, 2010, 05:46 PM

I'd say mix it up with either walking to a new place (And make sure you do a drive by of this place so that way you aren't wandering into a strange neighborhood,), mix it up with some musical choices, and try not just walking. Try to run, jump, leap, skip, do what you can to pass the time IMO.