Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old December 21st, 2009, 03:08 PM

When I was youger I started picking my own outfits when I was 6 or 7 I dont really remember. It was great though I felt so independent. I never matched in all the pictures from that stage in my life I was wearing stips with dots or orange with was funny. My mom only picked out my outfit for picture days and special occasions. Besides that it was all up to me. I loved every second of it.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM

my neice has gotten to the age where she wants to start picking out her own outfits but the problem is the outfits she picks are like rain boots with a tutu and a long sleeve shirt. what is the correct age to let her choose what she wears and should the parent be concered with how the child looks. should my sister make sure she matches?

I think maybe around age 9-10 would be the correct age for them to make their decisions and yes, a parent should be concerned with how the child looks. It's good to make a good first impression even when you're a kid, and having a good look helps that as well. In my opinion, that's kinda important.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM

i dont have a child yet so i cant fully relate but i do have a little sister whose 10 years younger than i am and let me tell you. sometimes i feel like it would be easier for me to dress her.. shes all into skinny jeans but they have to be the rite kind.. also when we go out i always tell her she looks" soo cute" and she hates looking cute.
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM

i think its wise to let all children to try and dress them selfs and learn to become independant. its very important in the childs development and growth. when one encourages a child to dress a certain way they are giving encouragement to be their own person and to become independant.