Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Default milk bath products

im wondering if a person who is allergic to milk can use bubble bath and other body products that contain milk. i know there not drinking it but im wondering if their skin absorbes it if it will cause them any sort of problem such as rashes, or the common effects of them drinking milk. i really worrie about it. any people allergic to milk ever tried using bath products containing milk?
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM

I am. I have tried a few things and I dont get rashes from it, but if I do eat or drink milk products I end up being super sick to my stomach and stuff. But no rashes from using topical products. I actually even had to stop taking depro because it has a milk product in it and it makes me sick as a dog. So I think you should be safe. If your relaly worried place a dot of the product on your wrist and wait a hour or even a day and see if you have a reaction.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM

i dont think a person can be affected by the milk in the bath i think it only effects them if they drink it and many people dont drink the bath water so i think it would be fine.. i usually buy people things with milk in it because its so healthy for your skin. it really refreshes the about of things in your skin.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM

my sister is allergic to milk but she is able to use the bath products that have milk in them. im not sure if all people can use them but i do know she is able to.. i personally think it really all just depends on the person and how bad their allergic reaction to milk is..
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM

yeah all i know is that the milk is absored through your pored right?? and isnt it suppose to make your skin all refreshed and nice idunno ive never trired im actually lactose so i dont even really drink milk..i can eat certain things depending on the brand. but yeah other then that ive never used any milk products to bathe in
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:04 PM

I dont think its going to be a problem as long as its externally used. But to make sure ask your doctor or someone in the medical proffesion just to make sure. My mom is lactose intolerant and she uses lotions and other bath stuff that has milk in it and she's just fine...so my guess is that it depends on the person and how bad your reaction to the product is.
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM

well i lost my last post so im not as movitated to reptype the entire thing again but i would really like know what amilk bath is.. are you literally bathing in a tub of milk or what like i have no idea.
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM

a milk bath depends on the product. you can have some that is power which you mix in your bath and it makes the water a mirky white color and that protine in the milk helps sooth and sofen the skin. when if you buy a milk product bubble bath or bath mixture it can have diffrent products in it.
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:53 PM

I don't think that it'll cause you to have an outbreak or anything as long as it doesn't enter into your body which I don't think is possible if your just taking a bath. But you should try out milk lotions and stuff first to see if you have a reaction to it before you plunge into a tub with the stuff. Or better yet ask your doctor...even if its just over the phone.