Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old January 12th, 2010, 03:39 PM

i love to drink smoothies.. the best time to drink them is in the summer.. i love getting them as a treat their so refreshing and they taste amazing on a nice hot summer day. i love getting smoothies from a place called robeks. polar pineapple or south pacific squeeze there the most tasty ones from there. i uaually buy them so often they know what im going to order when i walk in the door.
Old January 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM

I love smoothies too and I think that it is totally fine to drink a smoothie in place of a meal as long as you don't add a bunch of sugar in it and use fresh fruits. I dont really know what they put into robeks smoothies but it looks healthy enough so I think it should be fine.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM

I don't know if you can substitute it for a meal but you can diffinetly use it as a healthy snack. Smoothies are sooooo DELICIOUS!!! I love um. I want one right now so bad...I'm in great need of a snack badly. But I drink them as a snack all the time and you really don't spend a whole lot of money and its great in the summer on a hot day!!!!
Old February 6th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
is it ok to substitue a meal with a fruit smoothie from smothie places such as robeks or smothie king? i have heard two very diffrent opions on what should and shouldent be done and i am wondering what is the propper thing to do i am looking to shead some weight and if i replace a meal with a smoothie will it do the same thing as actually eating a meal?
It is definatley NOT okay to substitute a meal with a fruit smoothie from those places. Now while I think that drinking a smoothie from those places may give you the nutrients you need, and that is a BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG maybe, it doesn't fill up your stomach. You may get more calories with the meal, but you will feel full and much better than simply drinking a smoothie that claims to have all the nutrients. The nutrient is meant to be a treat, and not just a full substitute for an entire meal.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM

I wouldn't use it as an entire meal but as something to tide you over really. It might not be the healthiest thing to do depending on your metabolism and other stuff. I would say that you should, if you really want to try it out, see if it actually fills you and if it works for you then by all means don't let anybody discourage you. Just do what you wanna do.
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM

I think it is ok to substitute a smoothie for a meal like for a lunch or breakfast but I think for dinner just have a regular meal. I know alot people that just drink smoothies for lunch and it fills them up fine. I love smoothies myself and it usually does fill me up. I love strananaberry it is just soo good. That is usually what I get and most smoothie places have it which is great. I just think smoothies are so awesome and healthy as long as you don't put too much sugar or other stuff in it. just a nice fruit smoothie.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM

Do not substitute a smoothie at all with a real meal. You're only getting ad rink,a nd while I think that you may be gettina good amount of nutrients in the smoothie, it's not going to cover everything, and on top of that, I think that if you drink the smoothie, you won't be full, so you'll end up eating more and spendijng more which is a really bad thing in general