Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM

Default drinking smoothies..

is it ok to substitue a meal with a fruit smoothie from smothie places such as robeks or smothie king? i have heard two very diffrent opions on what should and shouldent be done and i am wondering what is the propper thing to do i am looking to shead some weight and if i replace a meal with a smoothie will it do the same thing as actually eating a meal?
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM

i dont see any harm with you drinking smoothies in place of eating a meal. i drink a smoothie at lunch time and do not eat anything untill dinner. i think its healthy and i have even been loosing weight and not feeling sick or hungry. i think it is a good thing to replace one of your heavy meals with something light and someething healthy for you.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it...because I know that smothies are supposed to be healthy or whatever...and its fruit so I dont see any harm done. I love smoothies myself, I usually make my own with my smoothie machine thing I got last christmas. It comes in handy now more than ever. I even bought this book that has different recipies of exotic flavored smoothies...i'm trying to get through all of them its taking me forever though because there are so many.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM

i love smoothies i think they are great.. idunno after i drink one i alwasy feel soo good haha i think its in my head just becasue really liek smoothies but its the truth haha i do feel better anyways .. now all this talk is making me want one io havent had one in a long while
Old December 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM

I think it is totally fine to replace a meal with a smoothie. I mean smoothies are pretty healthy depending on what you put in it and there is definitely lots of nutrients in it from all the fruits and vitamins in it. but of course i still think you should have a real meal once and awhile too. I think it is ok to replace a couple of meals with smoothies but i dont think all of them.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM

Um im not sure if thats healthy to consider replacing an entire meal with just a smoothie but maybe as a snack it would be best. I like smoothies too escpecially now that they have the healthy smoothies that are vitamin packed but I wouldn't replace a meal with it. You need to eat balanced healthy meals...But that's up to you if it works for you then thats great.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM

that sounds sooo unhealthy. Just eat balanced meals in small portions. Just drinking a smootie may not be enough to keep you tided over until your next meal. If you haven't noticed for some people when you diet you gain weight thats because some of the diets require you to starve yourself. Yea smooties are good and maybe in a rush you can use it for a substitute but on a daily basis...it doesn't sound like a good thing to do.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:32 PM

i went on an all liquid diet for a week and a half and i actually lost alot of weight..i would drink a smoothie for breakfast, lunch and dinner and for snack i would drink a drinkable yogart, and have juice. it seemed to work rather well i just felt dieting that extreame could probably have bad side effects. so i decided to watch and be careful about the way i decide to diet.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM

It doesnt sound too healthy but I see no harm in it if you're doing it once in awhile. Not everyone is able to eat all balanced meals during the day but if you have the oppurtunity to do so dont choose the smootie route...it could be like something to tide you over till you get a chance to actually sit down and eat. I love smooties they're soooo good and now healthy so I find myself doing the same thing and nothing happens to me...so why not? Go try it and see if it changes anything.
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:16 PM

i should drink one of these right now.. seriously something to fill me up. i knew i should have grabbed a snack when i left lol but ohw ell just a few more hrs. smoothies are trhe best i l;ove drinking them especially in the summer so refreshing