Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Default taking fish oil supplements..

does anybody actually take them? and have they proved to be any good. i know alot of people use them and they say it helps with their skin and that it gives them a good complexion. i wonder if i was to take these supplements will i start to get greeasy like some people do? will i smell fishy if i sweat becaus of the fish oils? any information would be good.
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM

my sister use to take them when she had chicken pox scars on her face . she actually wouldnt sallow them but she would cut them in half and get the oil and then put the oil on her scar and it helped reduce them
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Wow really? I thought fish oil was suppose to be for your brain but i guess it could work on skin too. I would like some more info on this too if anyone has any. I never heard of anyone smelling from taking the fish oils (I only know one person and they take it because it helps brain functions or something). But if it helps our skin I would love to know so I can start takign them too.
Old December 14th, 2009, 02:02 PM

I've heard that when you take those kinds of stuff on a daily basis that it messes you up. I dont know of its true but i read that it would make you eventually when you sweat or pass gass or take a dump...it would be oily. I think that is gross...but it said if you take more than what is reccomended for you. So i guess if you stick to an amount that is best suited for you then you'll be fine. GOOD LUCKY lol
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:36 PM

i burned myself with an iron about,, mm almost a month ago, and i have a scar on my wrist. so it looks like i cute myself.. only on one arm tho ahha and i dont like it its all pink and what not.. i mean i dont really notice it becasue i cant see it most the time but everyone always aske me what happened! haha as if it looks really bad or something
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM

i have taken fish oil supplements and i really like the amount of shine that it has worked, and i like how it has helped keep my skin and healthy complexion. they have very diffrent amounts and ways to take the fish oils but i think the best way to take them is in pill format and that way you just swallow it down and then you do not have to taste the strong fish oil taste.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM

my mom takes fish oil supplements but im not really sure that she likes them that much simply because she doesnt take them on a regular amount of time.. she takes them then she doesnt then she does.. its so back and fourth.. i always worrie that if you take them then you are going to become all greasy and oily looking.
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM

for scars i also heard of doing the same thign with vitmain e just cutting the pill in half and using the oils on the inside to reduce scars, other then that i have never taken fish oils.. but i know alot of people doo.. hmm it makes me kinda curious as to what else they can do. im gonna google it haha
Old March 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM

i was told to start taking fish oil to help heal my back.. i have a messed up vertabra and they ssaid to take omega 3 fish oil as well as take calcium and magnesium tablets and those will also help with what i need done.. i should try cutting the capsules and using them on my arms my hubby has two cats and they scratch so much even if you trim their nails.. ugh. maybe my scars can go away too..
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM

its all a myth that taking omega 3 fish oil supplements will cause your skin to turn greasy. they actually help with your muscles and your spine.. they do say when you take them it might cause you to have fishy smelling breath for a short time after you take the tablet. i have seen them advertised on this companys website where they have straberry and lemon flavored ones so im not sure if those help but to me that seems gross.