Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old December 4th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Default Highlights?

so my hair lady has talked me into getting my hair highlighted. im not sure i will 100% like it she says she is going to do it really thin and make my hair all blend together but i really just dont know about it because i feel like she might make it too blonde or too chunky and then i will look like the girls with the inch thick highlights which look totally disgusting. ugh soo much to worrie about.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Yea i totally understand. Thats why when i chose to do highlights I did celophaned highlights. Because all it did was lighten my own natural color in some spots. I'm not a fan of dying and experimenting with my hair because there are so many possible mess ups. I totally understand what you mean. Just make sure that you're hair dresser is someone you trust, and maybe discuss what she would do for you if you don't like what she did with it when she highlights it?
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM

i use to have light hair.. and then i just dyed it one day and its been darker ever since..i love it dark but sometimes i get bored.. espeically now since my hair is short i cant really do anything with it. so i was thking about goijg back to my lighter color.. yeah that lasted about a month and then i went back to dark. lol
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:05 PM

i love highlights but i woldnt get them now.. i would wait for summer or something just becasue i think dark in the summer light in the summer haha so yeah get thr hilights just dont do it now.
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:32 PM

highlights hmm.. well yeah they are nice i sue to have the so im a fan but i like my darker hair now.. i think it better suits me then anything soo yeah im good with the dark but i like my haor really dark and it washes me out soo much but i want it and i think i might go back to those days
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM

i would say if you trust her then have her do it but if you really dont trust here then i would say find another salon that you trust and have them do your hair. i think it would be best if you are 100% sure that you actually want them and your not just letting her convince you to do them. plus it all depends on the style of your hair cut and other things like that.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM

If she is doing it thin then it will look really nice. I got mine done and then went back and got low lights done as well. It looks awesome. You can watch how much hair she is putting on the foil and make sure you speak up if you think its too much. But if you rtust her, then it will look great.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM

i got my hair done with super thin highlights and she did a really good job she helped me get my hair looking good i absolutly love it. i would say give it a try and i think that somethings will work out. it all just depends on how well your hair lady does hair because if she is really experenced than she will know exactly what is right for your hair. if u trust her go for it..
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM

i think its about that time i get some highlights,,i mean ive had dark hair for awhile now and i think now its time to change it up for a little at least for winter. i mean summer haha wow.,. anyways if i dont like it i can alwasy dye it back no biggie.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM

yeah summer light.. winter dark. i always say this. but i never follow the rule haha im lwasy dark so i thin im going to getalot of highlights and lighten it up a little.if worst comes to worse dark colors alwasy wash out the blondeness.