Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old December 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM

Default Old School Computers...

wow i was looking back to my school days when computers first started getting put into schools. they had a black background with gray or green writting. omg it seems like we have came so far from then to now. getting a rainbow of color and pictures, itunes, video, all kinds of things i am truly amazed about how advanced we have came in the last 20 years.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM

That is amazing, my dad tells about when computers first came out you had to enter codes instead of actual letters and stuff to get what you want...and the mouse wasn't as helpful as they are today. I was watching this documentary and It showed some of the computers that were like the first ones ever created....they were Huge!!! Its amazing how technology improves over time.
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:10 PM

yeah my grandma used one of the first computers and she twlls me.. how big they were.. she always sayis how huge the computers were back then to how they are now.. becaseu shes a fast typer but she cannot use the internet or anything if that sort. i love her tho haha so i help her out a little
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM

I know, I still have my very first computer. It was a Mac. I had word games on it to help my spelling and vocabulary. Its sitting in my closet now, and its so HEAVY!!!!!! I mean the thing is huge. and its only from the 1990s
Old December 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Its amazing how much computers have evolved over just one decade...from those ugly bulk modems to bearly having a little sliver or box for a modem. Nd if you compare laptops of even the late 90s to laptops today its just astounding how much difference there is. Every year there is something new that comes out thats bigger and better that what there was before...its kindof hard and expesive to keep up with technology but technological advancements are crucial in our society so I'm all for it.
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM

its amazing all the things that can be done on the computer now days you can link computers so that way you are able to read what they are doing when they are doing it.. haha its pretty funny how by clicking one button you can see what everybody on your net work has been looking at.. i once caught somebody looking at things with adult content and they were in a work enviroment.. i mean how gross can you be.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM

i love how much computers have changed. my parents tell me that they would have never imagined having full use of the internet on a cell phone.. our laptops now days are so small and slim and sleakk they just cant believe it. i absolutly love it. i thing its great to be able to use all of these tools and other things like that.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM

i cant comment much on how the computers have changed all i remember is the when i was little we had a game called pong on my computer and the ball would bounce back and fourth it was alot of fun.. now we have things to build our own rollercoaster, we have things to build citys like the sims game.. man that thing is addicting i sat down one evening and when i looked up i had been playing for like 2 hours, if seriously felt liek 30 mins.. it was so crazy.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM

I definately love how the computers have grown. I remember when the graphics were very pixelated, the Windows 3.1 Operating System, and to play really cheap games that had nothing but beeps and boops for sounds. Nowadays, we have so much in every computer and even the cheap ones are incredibly advanced compared to the comps back then.
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Me too. I remember back then, the best part about the computers was that they had these very cheap pixel games that was basically a big learning tool, but I didn't care, there were games and I could play them. And Now......now we have the option of the itnernet, youtube, video shows, online games.....I don't know how I managed myself back then, but I can't imagine myself not having internet.