Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM

Default Birth Control in action!

I just completed my first week of birth control pills. How long or how much more weeks do I have to go to be sure that the birth control pill is in affect? I know it's not a sure thing about it protecting you from pregnancy but it's better than not having any at all. So how long will it take for it to be in action? Thanks!
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM

make sure you wait atleast 2 weeks your first time on the pill give it time to kick in and fully start working before you decide to engage in activitys that might cause a little "uh ohh" to happen. that would be the worst. i personally waited a whole month for this to work, i was taking no chances i wanted to make sure i was protected.. lol
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM

It depends on the type of birthcontrol. Depro you only need to wait three days. The different pills take different times, but the rule of thumb is a month. If your going on them to not get pregos then i suggest that you make sure they are working before you have unprotected sex. and if you are really worried about getting pregos then using condoms along with the pill is prolly the BEST way to go about it.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM

but how do you kow which birthcontrol pill is best for you?
ive been wanting to get on the pill im just not sure how to really go about it.
but yeah ive heard different things and like someone else said id wait a month just to be sure. no chanced .. and also i hear when your on antibiotics it completely rules out the effect of the pill
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM

i think the best way to learn what pill is best for you is to talk to your doctor about all the diffrent options for you and which one you think will work best for you. it al depends, some work better for cramps, while others work better for mood swings.. it all depends on what your symptoms are and which is worst because they wont cure all things with just one pill.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:57 PM

i should start taking birth control. i mean eventually i think it would be a smart move on my side becasue i have to pertect myself too. im just scared of the side effects well what you go grow i wonder how much it will effect me,. lol