Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM

Default Cold Sores

Okay, we got one about kanker sores but how about cold sores? At least kanker sores are inside your mouth and not on the outside. What can I do to get rid of this cold sore that just won't seem to go away? It looks disgusting. I hate it!! Can anyone suggest any remedies or any medicine I can use to minimize the size of the cold sore?
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM

i really feel bad and disgusted when i get a cold sore. i hate having blimishes and thinks like that on my face. not to mention that they hurt really really bad. i hate when i get one, rarley do i get them but it sucks when i do because they are like the biggest cold sores EVER.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:14 PM

I have problems with cold sores too...especially since every winter I get a cold. I use Carmex or Blistex for cold sore medicine and it works like magic. I use it all the as regular lip balm. I use Carmex more but Blistex is more effective, I hate the smell of it though, its really nasty because its really medicated. I know that they can be annoying but when I use Carmex the sore is gone in less than a couple of days, and it doesn't hurt as much or look as nasty.
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM

yeah i get them too i hate it the moment i feel anything appearing i put on whatever i have and hope it goes way.. if that doesnt work i just basically dont let any mositure hit my lips and i apply peroxide. lol i know but it helps me.
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM

yes and they always seem to come at the wrost time too haha well for me at least.. anywyas im booorreedddd and tired lol..i remember hearing about abreva but what it does is it makes it heal faster so all the stages just come out faster so instead of 5 days you'll have it for 3.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Cold sores are annoying but I know that Carmex and Blistex works I've never tried Abreva but I did see the commericals so I guess it should work as well. Cold sores are extremely annoying especially if you have a big date or special even coming up. Usually when I have one and I use Carmex or Blistex it goes aways in a couple days.Which is great and it doesnt leave a scar.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM

i know that abreva works I never tried it on myself but my friend uses it when she has a cold sore. I use carmex, because I use it as a regular lip balm anyway so it makes sense to use it rather than go out and buy a new product to use. When I use carmex the sore usually goes aways in about 2-3 days. depeding on how big it is.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM

i feel so bad for my mom she gets them from stressing out she stresses out so much its horrible i really feel bad because there ugly looking and it makes a persons apearance look really gross when they have a big ugly spot on their face. i mean i tried to cover it for her but i dont think that it worked.. i mean you keep you lips moisturised so it simply washes off all the stuff.
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:45 PM

You can try using abreeva but blistex and carmex work just as good. Especially the medicated blistex. And the best part about using blistex/carmex is that you can use them even if you dont have a sore as regular lip balm...by doing this you'll be able to prevent future sores. When Im sick I usually get one under my nose...I know its nasty...but I'm able to use my carmex as a prevention.
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:18 PM

I have a serious cold. It was horrible I felt sooo bad like I've had colds but it's never been this bad. I've recently started to get over it and its not as bad as it used to be like a week ago. But recently It seems like Its starting to get worse instead of better. I hardly eat anymore and I probably should to get it over with but I dont know. I hope that the cold sores don't start coming out because then I'm going to be really depressed.