Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM

Default Best virus protection?

what virus protection should i go with? i had a virus problem before and it was hell to do with so i need some real good virus protection to shield from these hackers or whatever they are. is there any good virus programs you guys can recommend? i don't mind spending money for it. it's better than getting a free one downloaded from the internet..
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I tend to get a lot of viruses and I dont even know why I mean its not like I go on any weird sites or anything like that but yeah i still get them. Like I got a lot last time and my computer wouldnt even turn on like it would just shut down by itself after the first screen.
Old February 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM

There are two programs that work really really well for me. Personally, I use Spyboy Serve and Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free. Personally, those two are really great, and they're free. It's awesome. =D

I would make sure to try them out as soon as possible if you're worried about viruses.
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM

I recommend those two as well.

PERSONALLY, other than those two, do not ever go for free virus protection software. I don't ahve much experience, but the ones that basically offer to scan your computer are bad. Whil I think they may be able to detect SOME viruses with the scan, most likely, they're putting something on your computer, something really bad.

So don't do it! >:[
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:53 PM

I don't know if its a virus protection thing but I use apple one care. It was free so why not.

People say macs don't get viruses anyway but I don't know. It came with the package already installed. I've never had any problems with my laptop though. If I had the choice I would have gotten a regular pc but It was a gift so I can't complain too much.
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:00 PM

i use that mcaffee? its free for bank of america customers for one year. but be careful they automatically enroll you after that year is up and then the charge your credit card like really high amounts so be careful with that.. other that that theres an adv? one that i had for a while but once it expired then then i got a new one so i went with the free one for bank of america.