Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM

Default Why won't my USB stick eject?

i was at school and i was printing out my essay and for some real awkward reason my USB stick just won't eject out of the computer! i was freaking out because my class is about to start in 5 minutes and i had to get out of the computer lab. i don't understand why it won't eject cause nothing is open. what should i do? i know it's bad to just pull it out..
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM

I know what you mean! I hate it when that happens when you're in a rush at school! I think if you really can't eject and all the programs on the USB stikc is closed then the next best thing to do is just turn off the computer. That's what I always do when my usb stick won't eject. It's better than just pulling it out and corrupting the files on your usb stick.
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM

yea my old ipod got corupted because i was charging it at work and i was in a hurry to leave so i just unpluged it and then when i re pluged it back in it said the files were corupted. i was very sad. but as far as the usb stick goes i usually just pull them out and they seam to always work.i really dont know what to advise you.
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Usually you can go into the networking profile on the scroll down bar and it usually would work if you try to eject. I love Macs because I've never had a probem with reject anything. I remember one time I accidently took it out and my files got damaged so I made sure that it never happened again for sure. I hope they'll be able to program it easier so that USBs can be ejected with more ease.
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM

I hate when this happens...and I get too scared to just take it out even though its so tempting. Usually I just turn of the computer and turn it back on then try to eject it again. Once I made the mistake of just taking it out because I was in a hurry and my files got messed up...I was so mad but It was myself...I learned my lesson thats for sure so now I always eject it first. I just got a new USB because I lost my old one and so far this one hasn't acted up yet. Which is great!!!
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Usually, for me, ejecting it right out won't really damage your files, at least none of them have really screwed up for me. You get it stuck whenever you have a program or a browser using or accessing those files in some way. I'd switch to different programs so you can see if you're using your flash stick contents in any of them. Otherwise....pulling them out should be fine.
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM

i hate when i dont agree with technology and im all fustrated and about ready to throwthe computer out the window haha.. its like a love hate relationship you love the internet and everything about it facebook, twitter myspace and all the other countless things you can do on it.. but then there are those times when the internet is down and you cant do what you have to do!
Old February 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Honestly, I think that there is really nothing wrong with pulling the stick out. The reason why the stick says you can't eject it is becasue it doesn't want you to pull something when it is in the middle of saving, or if you haven't saved it. however, unless it's really rare, it won't be destroyed. It CAN happen, but it is still rare, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM

dont sweat it nothing will happen i just take them out all the time and it never has any issues with the items that are saved on the stick.. it will sometimes tell you that the usb stick was removed improperly and sometimes they will want to do a scan on the file to make sure that nothing bad is on it like a virus but you should be fine allow the scan.
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:30 PM

i remember when my usb stick wouldn't eject.. i called the tech support and they really know their stuff.. i know i know thats why they are called tech support.. but you can also try deleting whatever is in the recycling bin. i did that and i was able to eject my usb stick. and if that doesn't work.. just turn off the computer and then remove it