Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old December 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM

Default makeup free.

if you read my thread in "skincare" you'll know that im having serious skin issues. and right now im completely makeup free and have been for a good 3 or 4 days.. dont get me wrong im not one of those girls who always have to wear makeup.. but considering how bad my skin is right now. i would like to cover up.. i wonder if not wearing any makeup really helps air out your pores?
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:17 PM

my sister does the same thing when she starts to break out i dont know how affective it is.. but im sure it doesnt casue anymore harm lol.. but also i heard that you can break out from your pillowcases, maybe a change in weather or just stress related there are a whole bunch of way that you can break out.. just keep your face clean and away from dirt. as well as alwasy wash off your makeup. always.
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM

satin pillow cases help cut down the bacteria on ones pillow because with a satin case it causes your face to slide more easy where cotton and other materials hold bacteria and cause your face to sweat while laying on them. its bad but the best thing to do with bad break outs is use a liquid called astroungent. clean and clear makes one. try it.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM

Most people dont realize that some moisterizers have oils in them that may cause you to break out, especially if you have sensitive skin. I used to have the worst breakouts ever, and they would cause my face to hurt and burn and they were ugly. I had to go to a dermatologist, and she asked me what I've been using and what type of acne treatments I've tried. I tried proactiv, clean n clear, netrogena, dove, st. Ives. Although st. Ives did clear my skin up for a while, it still had break outs on it. the dermatologist told me to try cetaphil and see how i like it. I did and I love it!!! I still have some dark spots from before but they're slowly clearing up. Thank goodness!!!!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:24 PM

good news from the good o cetaphil! yippy! =) i think not putting makeup on does help. i mean it's better than clogging up your pores right? it is true that pillowcases can make you break out. i always change my pillow cases every 2 days. i know sounds like a lot but imagine all your face grease in the morning rolling all over that pillow case!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM

It makes sense that it should. I hardly ever wear makeup so I've never had this problem, but I have alot of friends who do. Sometimes its not only because of using makeup,there could be other underlying reasons as to why you have that problem. Sometime it could be because of the acne treatment you're using or even stress. So you may also need to check out those areas as well. The best thing that I ever did when I had this problem was go to a dermatologist. that helped me figure out what exactly was the problem, and it was so worth it.
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:28 PM

yeah i heard the pillow case thing too i wash my pillow cases and bed comfortables arounf once a week mainly every fridays.. becaseu thiose are my days off. so i think maybe i fi break out it can be becasue od that and becasue of maybe the weather i have very senstive skin even when i go totexas and its usper hot i break out
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM

yweah thats how i am now.. basically nowadays i dont wear makeup unless i have an event to attent or dinner or something other then that i just look li9ke super chill and most the time im home anwyays so whats the point of wasting makeup
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM

first can i say something.. how cold is it in here?? its frreezzziinnnggg cold.. i need a heater i can hardly type because my fingers are too cold.. buurrr! anyway back to the topic.. well recently ive tried to cut down on wearing makeup and its been going good.. because im haveing terrible skin issues.
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Wow, Jade, I never knew that you could break out from your pilliow case, but i guess it does majke sense. I mean you lay on it all night and sweat on it and stuff. I wash mine every week or so, but now I think i wanna start washing my pillowcases more often.