Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM

Default why are kids soo much bigger these days?

seriously.. what are they eating? i need to get some of it haha// no but really the other day i went to pick my sister up from school and there were some girls taller then me.. in fact my little sister is about 2 inches smaller then i am.. and were ten yrs apart! so depressing
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:22 PM

yeah i know what you mean.. the other weekend i was at my sisters soccer game with my other sister and toward the last 10 minutes or so in the game.. the opposing team brings out this huge! i mean huge! girl.. my little sister is 10.. and shes about 5 ft.. this girl says she was ten or 11 and sghe was about 5"7> my other sister and i were like .." woooaaah!"
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:54 PM

seriously! ive noticed that too my cousin has been like 5"6 since like 7th grade, pshh shes taller then i am i remember when i was in 6th grade i was like 4 11 bearly 5 ft . there has to be something in the water haha
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:17 PM

i totally agree these new genoration of kids are like giants. they are so tall my little cousin whos like 12 is almost taller than i am and im 28. n shes like super skinny shes a size double zero in teen girls because shes sooo tall and shes super skinny. i guess i did get the short end of the stick im only 5'4" so i guess she isnt that tall but 12 and 5"4 thats alot taller than i was at 12.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:31 PM

I woyuld say it's not only the diet that people are eating, but it could also be something akin to natural selection. I imagine that the diet we eat have more to do with our bodys (Which kinda doesn't make sense if you think about it), but I say that because there are more tall power, that particular gene is being passed down, I think.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM

My dad and I were actually having a conversation about this at our family thanksgiving gathering. He told me how when he was growing up all the fast foods portions were alot smaller, and kids were more active. They didn't have video games or watched that much tv. They were always outside or going places.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM

I have the answer for you. In chickens, cows, pigs, etc they are given antibiotics, steriods, and hormones to grow faster, bigger, and be healthy. You cant sell a sick cow's milk. All these hormones and other things companies are putting in the food are affecting our bodies. My generation of females (Im 23) have significantly larger breasts than those in the generations before us. This is a study we had to look at in my undergrad class and was done using stats from the US, canada and Britian. Look up what they put into cows.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM

yeah seriously and not just weight wise either.. im talking height wise. the other day i es picking my sister up from school and she already almsot as tall as me.. but we do have different moms haha .. anyways i was looking at some fo the 5th graders in her class. and my o my there hughe i dont even remember being that big that age.
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM

Probably because they're not as active and eat a whole lot more. Portions at resturaunts used to be alot smaller when my parents were growing up and the burgers were so small too. Now you have 5 lb burgers and all that kind of stuff...like regular or 'petite' burgers...the petite burger is humongous too...And I saw a kid it a regular all by himself with in 20 minutes and he was about 7 or 8 and huge. I think its sad because America child obesity is getting out of control...
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM

Its probably because they eat alot more and aren't as active as kids from back in the day before all the play stations and all that stuff. I was a skinny kid...Even though I was a girl I would always be out playin with the guys especially when I realized guys were cute...I got into sports and would beg my big brother to let my play with them...I'm like the girliest tomboy lol if thats even possible. But kids today dont play outside anymore...I dont even remember the last time I saw a kid riding a bike in my neighborhood and I know they live in the neighborhood.