Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:10 PM

Default stolen ipod.

i recently got my ipods stolen. i was very upset is there any way to track where the ipod is? i recently heard that some ipods have a lo jack type of thing on them is this true? i hope so because i would love to get all 3 back. i have servallance on two places they used my card and im hoping that the police can catch them. im very frustrated and upset i feel so violated. if anybody knows anything about tracking them can u please answer on here. thanks.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:51 PM

ive never heard anything about ipods having lo jacks in them.. but hey i wouldnt be surprised if they did.. anywyas im sorry to hear about what happended to you.. hopefully everything gets all figured out.

qand if i hear anyhting about it i'll be sure to let you guys know,
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM

maybe those are the touches becasue i know that you can set up a pssaward for the touches and so it lockes and you need a passward to use it.. and that whole lo jack thing sounds like it would fit in but im sure apple didnt put one in everyphone so.. hopefully you find your stuff.
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM

wow sorry to hear about your ipod, my brother in law works for apple so i asked him about it when i read this post. he said as far as he knows none of the ipods have any kind of tracking devices in them, the only thing you can do it alert apple so if somebody brings in the ipod to have service it can show up as stolen then hopefully they are able to get it taken care of. i was reading somewhere that if you have the itouches and stuff and u use the map functions makesure u dont put your home address in it because then they know exactly where you live.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Wow that sucks. D:

I would want to contact iPod/Apple Support and ask them for any advice on this. If you still have the warranty on your iPod, you can use that and see if it covers stolen property. If it does, you can get a new one in the mail. If not, you can always try to investigate that lo jack/low frequency thing you were talking about.

Best of luck.
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:18 PM

i had my ipod stolen out of my car and when i inquired about it apple said there was nothing they could do about it. i was very upset then when talking to a few people they also advised me that Homeowners insurance covers things that get stolen. but most have atleast a $500 deductable so hopefully there is more ways to get your ipod back.
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Dude I know how you feel and I know it really sucks. I had my LAPTOP stolen from my dorm room a few years ago. It was brand new and custom made for me and given to me by my uncle who passed away right before I graduated high school. I was so upset. They never found it, but I know now to ask for low jack on everything I get electronic if I can. I know you have to ask for it bercause its a monthly service fee.
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:01 PM

I know for a fact apple products dont have tracking devices...Its not fun when you have your stuff stolen I had my camera stolen. I was sooooo mad just thinking about it right now makes me so upset. I haven't even gotten around to buying a new camera. Now I make sure I have everything with me at all times...sometimes im over paraniod...
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM

i had the same thing happen to me it, they broke into my house and took all kinds of diffrent electronics.. and my ipod was one they that they got but there was nothing that anybody could do to retrace the ipod and find out what happened to them..so its a bummer but try and see if you have insureance and if they will beable to cover the ipod and then maybe you can get it replaced.
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM

I've never known apple to have a tracking thing for iPods. But that would be a great idea though. The feature they do have as a protectant is that you can set your password...that is an awesome feature for sure. But I mean seriously its crazy how many people's iPods gets stolen, and it really sucks because theres nothing that you can do.