Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old November 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM

Default Herpes through kissing?

okay my friend and i was having an arguement about this.. he said you can't get herpes through kissing.. and i told him that you can.. so can please someone help us out here.. i know herpes is transmitted from one to another but it does reside in places with mositure right?
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:18 PM

Yes you can get herpies from kissing. What do you think cold sores are!? I know we dont like thinking about it but cold sores are herpies. When you get them they never go away, even when you cant see a break out (the little red sore on your lip) they are still there. Most of us have them (cold sores), they are a different type of herpies than what you think of with genital herpies, but they are both herpies.
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:40 PM

You can definately get herpes from kissing. Cold Sroes, as the person above are herpies, andyou can pass them along. Same with genital herpes. You can still get them since they are herpes and they really are passed on very easily IMO.

But yeah, you can get Herpes.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:04 PM

What?! So.. cold sores are known to be herpies? I didn't know that!! Ahhh.. I mean i had a cold sore before but I don't get it often. How is herpies any different from a cold sore? sorry.. i'm a little lost and confused about it. BLAH!!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Cold Sores are a form of herpes...and it's contagious but most people dont know about it. I learned that from Biology class my in Highschool. Thats why when you have a cold sore you're not supposed kiss anyone because you might give it to them. Most people dont know that though. Theres also herpes of the eye and stuff like that. Thats why when A women who is pregnant and she has herpes she has to have a C section, because she might pass it on to her baby. Its kind of sad how people don't know all the facts, we should've all learned it in school.
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM

it is very possible to spread herpes through kissing. i was talking about this wiht one of my good friends the other day n she was telling my how when she was younger and in highschool he friend when down on his girlfriend and she had herpes and she did not tell him once he went down on here he made out with here and she got herpes on her mouth.. and of course they had sex and so they both got herpes in the mouth and down there.. so gross.
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:04 PM

WOW thats alot of drama. But I always new that cold sores were a form of herpes but I guess there are a few people who dont. Thats why you're really not supposed to kiss anyone with a cold sore anywhere near there mouth because in couple of days you'll be blessed with one too...No body likes cold sores they're so painful sometimes and extremely annoying.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM

Thats what a cold sore is. Sometimes its just because you have a cold and all of a sudden one pops up but most of the time...when its on you lips...its because its because of kissing. People dont look as a cold sore being a herpe because its so common but its serious. I hate cold sores I usually get them right under my nose when I have a cold. Its horrible and it hurts especially if I still hav a cold and I have to keep blowing my nose. I never had one on my lip...and I seriously hope I never do.
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:38 PM

I mean a cold sore is a form of herpes and I've had friends who broke out on they're face around they're mouth and they're partner is completely fine. Its kindof scary because people look at you funny I know when I first saw it on her face I was judging her and she's my friend and I know her so imagine what a stranger might be thinking.
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:24 PM

yea you can pass herpes from mouth to mouth contact as well as mouth to genatal contact. i have heard many diffrent things but from what i have researched i have discoverd that your can spread one type of herpes but the other type you cant pass. so just make sure you know exactly what kind of herpes someone hass before you get close to them..