Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old November 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM

Default Switching shampoos to often bad?

is it bad to always switch shampoos.. there just so much i want to try and see what's good for my hair.. i can't settle for one right now.. will it do damage to my hair or dry out my scalp if i keep switching around? what kind of shampoo do you guys recommend using that won't dry out and smells good?
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM

I think if you use one type until the bottle is gone you'll have enough time to see if it helps your hair at all. Also by then you can switch without worrying about mixinf the chemicals and junk they put in shampoos. I like Tresemme (SP) or Dove. Dove I tried because I love the body wash so much, and it actually makes my hair feel soft.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM

I heard that switching up you're hair regiment could be a good thing...it depends on what your hair type is. I have very coarse thick hair so I tend to swithch my shampoo and conditioner around alot. I also love Dove, I used to use it and it did leave my hair soft. Im currently experiementing with natural shampoos and conditioners so we'll see how that goes.
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM

I think i have to agree with the other two. I switch around my shampoos every few months. I tried Dove and I liked it but it doesnt last long enough for me so I use Tresume and I love that. Sunsilk is great and cheap. If you have curly hair their curly (green bottle) works wonders.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM

i love to switch up my shampoos because that way your hair dosent get used to each and every type of shampoo other wise it dosent wash your hair as well. i like to keep 3 diffrent types of shampoos in my shower so i can switch between them.. but i only keep one conditionar. i also notice that my hair gets my suds if i switch up my shampoo.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM

ive been doing that recently and now come to think of it my head isnt as itchy as it use to be.. wow i never really noticed until now but still wow ..let me explain becasue i know that sounds gross but my sculp was always soo dry andit would gert dry so i started switching and wow great results
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM

I dont think its a bad thing to switch up your shampoos and stuff like that. I do it all the time and it works for me. My problem is that I have a lot...going to the beauty supply store is like a candy store for me. I love it. I would buy hair products that I hardly get around to seeing. But I love it. I'm not into the whole make up thing so I guess it makes sense that all my attention is turned to my hair....Like when I dress up my hair has to be on point...during the week I dont care but when I got out with people...I have to look good and my hair has to look tha part.
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM

yeah i do it as well and i like to switch it uop every so often but i never really knew you had to do this until my grandpa of all ppl told me i was like hmmm and so i started doing and i see the results haha,. speaking of which im start to run out.
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM

That's interesting I didn't know that switching shampoos could be a good thing but it definitely is something interesting to think aboutl. But yeah i do switch because I usually just buy my shampoo from costco so I usually buy whatever is on sale like sometimes I'll get dove sometimes pantene, and sometimes herbal essence but I usually switch after I finish a bottle. I dont really interchange like on a everyday basis.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM

Personally, I think that it won't really affect, but it is something.....ti's like, if you use it too much, your head will go bald. XD

I don't think it can really affect your hair or your body, but in any case, switching it back and forth shouldn't cause any damage. ^^;