Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old November 19th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Default Mixing Gas

last time when i was going to hearst castle in San Simeon, the last place i filled up my tank was back home at a 76 gas station. adn then my gas was running low so i went to a gas station (i can't evenr emember the name) but it was like only one i find along the way and the next one was at least 15 miles away..

so the question i'm trying to ask is.. is it bad to mix to different gas station's gas together? my friend was telling me that it's bad for the car.. real or just a myth?
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM

i don't know about this one either.. you should google this one. someone always told me that 'ohhh you should never mix to different gas together.' i do it anyways.. sometimes you just have to when you're running low and you're freaking out! does gas station carry different oils? anyone that have an answer would be really nice
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:30 PM

oh I never heard that it was bad. I do it quite a lot. But i usually get gas at the same three gas stations costco, shell, and chevron. I think it is kind of hard to always go to the same one but now I know so I think I will try to just go to the same one but there are times when you just have to. I usually try to just go to costco because it is usually cheaper than all the other gas stations but sometimes when i really need to clean my windshield than i go to shell or chevron cuz costco doesnt have those windshield cleaner things.
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM

I've never heard that it was bad for your car. If it is, well my car is going to have a lotof problems because I do that all the time. I thought as long as you put the same grade of gas that it didn't matter. After all, don't they have standards for what they put in gas? Although my mom swares that BP gas (which does have something in it extra) makes her car run funny. Be intresting to know if it did mess with your car.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM

its just a myth. you can even mix the kind of gas you run in your car. its better to keep the same thing but like my truck calls for cheep gas. u think thats 87. and i sometimes put 91 just to give it a change and a little more of clean gas for it. but i have heard that some gas stations arent good for cars such as arco and valario idk about the spelling sorry but yea both are said to be bad gas.. i use arco all the time and my car works just fine.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:31 PM

yeah i thik its bad to mixr different types of gas not the gas station.. its weird becasue i would never even think ti mix the gas together but apparently some ppl do.. yeah i dont think its weird to switch gas stations.. just as long as its all the same kind of fuel
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM

it think its bad if you mix premium gas with regular. Not if you buy gas at chevron then go to 76...i dont think it works that way. Also I know you can mess up your car if it requires premium and you put regular in it. Thats all I know in relation to diferent types of gas being used in the car. You should ask a machanic or google it.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:16 PM

Someone always told me to that it's bad to mix gas stations but I guess it's wrong. Lol. I never mixed regular with premium before. I know it's bad to put regular in a premium tank, but what happens when you put premium in regular tank? I don't know if I make any sense but oh wells! =P
Old December 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM

I've always heard that it was a bad thing to do...so I never really tried to test it out myself. I dont think its if you use different gas from different stations but if you mix premium with regular or use regular in a car that requires regular. Its especially hard these days because premium is so expensive but It hurts your car and you might start having problems with it...i dont know why but for some reason...to stay safe dont mix gases and use the recommended gas type...
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM

yeah ive never tried it or heard of it but im sure i wont ever try it haha becasue well mainoly becasue id be scared to fix what if i spilled and i hat the gas station i like to go and leave as fast as possible its terrible. haha so yeah thats why