Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old November 18th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Default on " being too emotional"

why is it that men alwasy say.. ohh your too emotional?? i dont get it.. idunno about you guys but the only time i cry is when im super stressed out.. fustrated and angry or if im ultra sad.. which is hardly ever .. haha i dont remember the lst time i cried.. sad movies dont even make me cry,

i have guy friends who are 6 something abig and buff who cry more then i do.. and im 5'3 small and pettie..

its just a bad sterotype i guess then
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:48 PM

yeah i know what you mean it goes back to that whole..
ohh women should cook and clean.. but yeah. there are guys who are way more emtional out there.. its just like that thing you leanr in soc.. if you have ever taken it..

when girls are born they are wraped in pink and boys in blue.. when boys are little they are told they cant cry and have to play with truck not barbies
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM

i agree. we always tell boys.. 'you're a boy.. you're not suppose to cry!!!'.. and i'm going to admit that i've said that to my brother before. i guess i've been brainwashed without even knowing it until you guys point it out!! wahhh!!! being emotional goes both ways.. i know some guys that cry more than me
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM

It is a common thing, but also it is possible that being too emotional (which I dont think is your problem) can actually be a real medical problem. I used to yell at my husband when he would tell me to calm down and that I was being overly emotional about things. I didn't think it was true, after all guys say that all the time. It turns out that I have a medical condition that makes my hormones go all over the place and makes me over-react to things. So if they are saying it just over a little tears, then they are feeding a sterotype. If they say it and really mean it, take a moment to think about it.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM

i am very emotional but i think that has happend because any time any thing goes wrong i start crying. i think i have a harder time controling my tears because when i was younger i would fake cry all the time like i could start crying on command. which is not a good thing now when ever i get the least bit upset i begin to cry which is bad. i dont liek to have people seeing me cry.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:47 PM

I agree with you guys...I'm the type of girl who never shows emotions its really hard for me, the last time I cried was in 6th grade when my basketball team lost a tournatment by a point, I was a kid and very competitive so I couldnt help it. Alot of my guy friends are athletes or musicians....its weird i know but alot of them are so sensitive its rediculous, they always say i'm heartless or whatever but I mean if you can't help you situation why cry about it? cying does nothing but make you get puffy read eyes and a swolen face. Its weird when a guy cries to me...i'm still not used to it and a few have in the past...
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:41 PM

yeah i agree.. im the same way.. i'll cry but like you said its only when im really angry and i dont know what else to do.. only certain movies make me cry i think the last one was my sister keeper and man o man what a tear jerker.. but it wass till good. but like you said i have guy friends who cry more then i do so i think its just a a sterotype.
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM

im not a very emotional person but sometimes I have my moments...I dont cry bout I yell and get physical...for some reason my guy friends always have to point it out. It only happend once this year and I'm yet to hear the end of it and that was back in June. It sucks but they're probably just messing with me even though I whish they would stop because it gets annoying after awile.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM

i am very emotional too. i once dated a guy who cried way more than me.. i have no problem with men getting emotional but as far as actually balling and crying more than me.. i cant take it. i think its just an excuse for guys to say to try and make the girl think that its just her fault for crying. some people are more emotional than others.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:25 PM

I personally haven't had a guy say I was too emotional or anything like that to me, probably because I didn't act emotional.

However, I do find this fascinating on why societies try to place gender roles on us way when we are young...like we have to act a certain way because we're women or men have to act a certain way because they're men. Part of me laughs at it, but part of it also makes me angry for how it can force us into roles we're not used to.