Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old November 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM

Default who said this form had to only be about blue rys.

anyways theres only soo much you can talk about with blue rys. so im taking matters into my own hands to try and spice this topic up..
i actually remember the first dvd we bought as a family haha it was rat race! mann rememner that movie nd i had never even seen it either.

vhs.. you had a good run !
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM

haha they really did!
i remember we use to have this vhs rewinder that was like a car and then you put the vhs in and it reround the movie.. it was awesome i hated rewinding the movie.. and all the block buster movies said " please be kind and rewind" hahahha. man o man
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM

We still have an OLD VHS player. You know the old ones that weight just about as much as your TV does now and make all this noise when you play or rewind movies. We had to get one of those rewinder things because our VHS player would eat the tapes if you tried to rewind them in it. Ha ha it was funny trying to pick out the tape and put it back together. They never worked right after that.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM

i remember being young and getting a tv that had a built in rewinder! it was amazing. i though nothing could be better.. that was untill i learned about dvd's. haha my mom and i ventured out on black friday to buy our familys very first dvd/vhs player combo! haha what a joke the place was packed.. thats so old it dosent even work anymore looks like this black friday we will have to but a new one for their house.. she loves coming over to my house and watching my plasma tv n using my "fancy" dvd player.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM

yeah balck friday i thinkt thats when we bought ours as well not sure tho.. i remember it was a 5 disc changer haha i thought that was soo cool! its funny becasue in one of the rooms in my house we still have the combo one.. and although we edont have alot of vhs anymore i fiond myself watching the really old disney movies from time to time
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:47 PM

the only thing i hate about dvds is when they skip.. ahhh i cannot stand it!! drives me insane.. but yeah other then that i love how you dont have to rewind the dvds . haha i remmeber i use to be obssesed with titanic and when i got the movie for my bday it came with 2 tapes.. now i think titanic is just one disc on a dvd
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:45 PM

i havent seen alice and wonderland on dvd.. recently at least.. but i know rthey do hve it on vhs if you look for it becaseu i think i have it on dvd somewhere in the house.. another one that i want is the nightmare before christmas.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM

I miss my old VHS tape player. It lasted a lot longer than any of the DVD Players I had (Mostly PS2s, but still), and it was very dependable. I remember one part I liked was when I had to fast forward to get through all of the previews, it repeated the trailers in a Alvin and the Chipmunk voice, it was so funny. ^^
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM

or walkmans haha i remember i had a whote one with tweety bird on it.. man o man those were the days i only had it for a little but then as soon as a cd player came out my dad bought my sister and i one.. we loved it. i defeneity used that until it gave out.
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Man I remember VHS players. I used to love playing with the rewinder. Man I miss those old times. Now those things just seem so ancient. Cd players are slowly disappearing now too with all the Mp3 players and Ipods out there. I really miss all the old technology brings back some great memories.