Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old November 17th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Default Does anybody use red box?

i have rented a few movies from the red boxes at local markets. it all seemed to work great untill i went and rented on and got ready to take it back to another red box only to learn that the other red box wouldnt except it.. idk anybody else have that problem?
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM

yeah sometimes my family rents movies from the box .. but we have on in a super market thats literally down the street so we have alwasy returned it in the same spot.. i havent really had that issue yet. sprry
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM

yes i also use this.
i like it its convientant.. its a dollar and although you only have a day its still more then enough time to watch it if you rented it and plan on watching it that night.. isnt it like you have to return i by 7 or something.. yeah i think thats it
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM

i used redbox a couple of times until i went to netflixs. personally, i don't like it =( i mean yes it is cheap and it is convenient when you want to watch a movie but one time when i was returning a movie.. and it was ON TIME... i left thinking okay this is great.. but then couple of days later i went to go check my bank account and red box charged me 5 bux for late fees.. their late fees is 1 dollar a day so they charged me 5 dollars saying i was 5 days LATE. that's ridiculous! i had to call to get my money back. it's 5 bux but still!!!! beware guys and redbox should start giving out receipts so we have proof!!!!!!!
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM

I used Red Box a few times when it first came out, but I am not a huge fan of going out to get my movies. I live my life (work, school, free time) on the computer so I naturally now get all my movies on my computer. Netflix is great for that and if I want to get the DVD to watch with everyone I only have to go out to my mailbox and there are no late fees! I suppose in would be good in a pinch to get a movie, but I also dont like that they have so few movies to pick from.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna Hudson View Post
beware guys and redbox should start giving out receipts so we have proof!!!!!!!
they actually send you recipts to your email if you opt for them at the time you rent your movie. i rent from them time to time and yea i use the reciept function because i worrie about getting over charged or things like late fees. other than that i like using it, i also like going to the movies. much more fun!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM

yeah i'll use it fromt ime to time.. but most the time i will go and rent at the video store.. i'll use the box when im already near one or the video store no longer has it.. hahabut so far so good i cant complain about anything,.
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM

i use red box all the time its so convenint. theres one in between my appartment and by boyfriends house so we just rend them and returnthem when were already going that direction. works perfect ive used it a bunch and i really like the idea of swiping my card and gettintg a movie with out having to join a certtain store.
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM

I have seen them at the albertson's near my house but I actually never thought of ever renting anything from it. But maybe I'll just try it out and see how it works. but yeah I dont really like that there isn't a face to face person you can talk to just in case you did return it and they didn't know. I mean at least at video stores you can talk to the manager directly face to face if something is wrong.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM

i always see people over there using those red boxes but i have never tried one.. im not really sure i want to rent movies on my credit card i guess you can call me old fashion but im not looking foward to having these things that except credit cards.. i know thats the new thing but seriously everything excepts credit cards... even soda and snack vending machines.. its horrible. i hate having to use my credit card..i want cash.